Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jmpc@msn.com is offline

Default mini cd in car?

question, I have a mini cd and want to play it in my car (yes I can
easily copy its contents onto a regualr size, i realize that's an
option so please dont suggest that).

My car cd player is one where no tray comes out, I just slide the disc
into the thin slot and it pulls it in. I fear if I slide a mini disc in
it may get stuck there so I dont even want to try.

Does anyone know about such players and using mini discs in them?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
question, I have a mini cd and want to play it in my car (yes I can
easily copy its contents onto a regualr size, i realize that's an
option so please dont suggest that).

My car cd player is one where no tray comes out, I just slide the disc
into the thin slot and it pulls it in. I fear if I slide a mini disc in
it may get stuck there so I dont even want to try.

Does anyone know about such players and using mini discs in them?

Some of them will play CD3 discs, some will not. Read the manual and
they will specifically mention it if they are able to deal with them.

I know the 1U rackmount Sony player, which is based on a car transport,
has no problem with CD3 discs.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chewy Papadopoulous Chewy Papadopoulous is offline

Y'all are welcome to worry... but it's never been a problem in my car.

It's never been much of an issue, either. And Mike, it's not nice to
call people stupid, directly or by implication.

Chewy.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Chewy Papadopoulous wrote:

Y'all are welcome to worry... but it's never been a problem in my car.

It's never been much of an issue, either. And Mike, it's not nice to
call people stupid, directly or by implication.

He was very clearly right to do that.

Maybe you'd like to insert some potato chips into your CD player too ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chewy Papadopoulous Chewy Papadopoulous is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

To not consider risks when using something in a way that it wasn't
designed to be used (or which MAY NOT be something the manufacturer
ever thought about) is just plain stupid, stupid. Call me impolite if
that makes you feel better, but it's the truth.

Yeah, but it MAY HAVE, as well. Not that it matters... I was just
answering a question.

I wouldn't argue against your advice; it makes practical sense. And yes,
you were impolite; but then again, from what I've read over the years
you appear to like banjos as well, which explains a lot. And that's the
truth, too...

I stop with this here.

Chewy