Dave Horoschak

Default Headphone amp

I'm looking for a headphone amp to be used in a public display where
customers will come up and use existing headphone or plug their personal
headphones in to listen to an audio program. I'm trying to find a unit
that has a single stereo input and two outputs with a single (or
multiple) volume controls. All of the outputs and volume controls need
to be on the same face of the unit.

The Rolls PM52 ergonomically is what I'm looking for, except that it's
not an amp, but a speaker-level tap.

This is going to be used in a commercial environment, so using a
single-output consumer headphone amp with a Y-cable isn't going to work.

Does anyone know of a unit that fits my description? I'm going to be
using many of these, so cost is an issue.

Thanks.
- Dave

Kurt Albershardt

Sound Devices HX-3 http://www.sounddevices.com/products/hx3master.htm

Kurt Albershardt

Sound Devices HX-3 http://www.sounddevices.com/products/hx3master.htm

Tim Perry

Dave Horoschak wrote:

I'm looking for a headphone amp to be used in a public display where
customers will come up and use existing headphone or plug their personal
headphones in to listen to an audio program.

these mount in standard electrical boxes and use standard faceplates (you
might have to file the inside faceplate corners if they are rounded)
http://www.studiohub.com/

http://www.studiohub.com/images/Head.jpg

they can be ordered with 2 types of connector. screw terminals or Ethernet
connector.

they can be daisy chained.

multiple units can be powered from a single wall wart supply.

Glenn Dowdy

"Hev" wrote in message
"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

I'd recommend the Behringer or Furman headphone amplifier. They have
more than two outputs (four or six as I recall) but they have
individual volume controls and have stereo in/out. They have 1/4"
jacks, but you could plug mini jack adapters into a couple of inputs
and discourage their loss with a dab of super glue.

I use that method for singers and pop filters

Where do you put the superglue on the singers?

Glenn D.

Geoff Wood

"Glenn Dowdy" wrote in message news:%

I use that method for singers and pop filters

Where do you put the superglue on the singers?

On their lips. Really stops that popping.

geoff