Posted to rec.audio.tech
Barry Mann Barry Mann is offline

Default Digital audio test files

Is there an archive of digital test files that I could download?

I'm looking for spot tones at various levels and frequencies. The spot
tones should last 10-20 seconds to allow my analog distortion analyzer
enough time to null.

spam:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

In article ,
Don Pearce wrote:

Is there an archive of digital test files that I could download?

I'm looking for spot tones at various levels and frequencies. The spot
tones should last 10-20 seconds to allow my analog distortion analyzer
enough time to null.

There are plenty of freeware tone generators around that will allow
you to do this for yourself. And of course with one of those, you
don't need to record anything or worry about how long it lasts - it is
just there and working.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ is one such. It's a general-purpose
sound editor which has tone-generating capability.

I used it last year to make some spot tones with which to do a
transmitter-deviation adjustments and calibrations on ham radio
transceivers. Worked just fine...

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Barry Mann ) writes:
Is there an archive of digital test files that I could download?

I'm looking for spot tones at various levels and frequencies. The spot
tones should last 10-20 seconds to allow my analog distortion analyzer
enough time to null.

Do a websearch. When I wanted something to see make sure I had all
the left channels lined up with the left channels, I did a search and
found at least one site that had a whole "audio test CD" to download.
It had just about everything you could imagine needing. It was also
arranged so you could just grab the individual files, which was useful
for me since I only have dial-up.

It turns out I did bookmark the webpage, and it's
http://binkster.net/extras.shtml
Scroll down a bit, to Bink Audio Test CD

Michael

Posted to rec.audio.tech
JohnR66 JohnR66 is offline

"Dave Platt" wrote in message
Don Pearce wrote:

Is there an archive of digital test files that I could download?

I'm looking for spot tones at various levels and frequencies. The spot
tones should last 10-20 seconds to allow my analog distortion analyzer
enough time to null.

There are plenty of freeware tone generators around that will allow
you to do this for yourself. And of course with one of those, you
don't need to record anything or worry about how long it lasts - it is
just there and working.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ is one such. It's a general-purpose
sound editor which has tone-generating capability.

I used it last year to make some spot tones with which to do a
transmitter-deviation adjustments and calibrations on ham radio
transceivers. Worked just fine...

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Thanks for the link. While I wan't looking for one, I downloaded Audacity
and played with the tone generator. I tweaked the ports on my speakers and
get response down to 18 Hz. The was walls of the house now move in and out
with the low frequency tone : ) I wasn't expecting response so low from
these speakers. Also got rid of the boominess in the 40-50 Hz range.
John