James

Default Perfomance mic with 414 characteristics

I'm sure this is a tall order, but are there any stage mics that will
perform well particularly in the highs, like a 414? I have a 414 in my
studio and use a SM58 on stage, and needless to say the 414 puts it to
shame. Basically I'm looking for something comperable to a SM58, with
crisper highs, for vocal use.

What are some favorite stage vocal mic's in the $300-$400 range? I'm also
considering a headworn mic.

Wayne

I'm sure this is a tall order, but are there any stage mics that will
perform well particularly in the highs, like a 414? I have a 414 in my
studio and use a SM58 on stage, and needless to say the 414 puts it to
shame. Basically I'm looking for something comperable to a SM58, with
crisper highs, for vocal use.

What are some favorite stage vocal mic's in the $300-$400 range? I'm also
considering a headworn mic.

I've had a lotta luck with the AKG C535EB live and the studio. It's one of the
best handhelds on the market and for some reason it doesn't get promoted much
by AKG. They're under $300 new. They do require phantom power.

It's not a 414 but it probably does have the high end and clarity you're
looking for.

Wayne

Kurt Albershardt

James wrote:

I'm sure this is a tall order, but are there any stage mics that will
perform well particularly in the highs, like a 414? I have a 414 in my
studio and use a SM58 on stage, and needless to say the 414 puts it to
shame. Basically I'm looking for something comperable to a SM58, with
crisper highs, for vocal use.

What are some favorite stage vocal mic's in the $300-$400 range? I'm also
considering a headworn mic.

What about the Audio Technica AE5400?
http://www.audiotechnica.com/prodpro...es/AE5400.html