#1   Report Post  
Schizoid Man

Default Georgia On My Mind...

The state's school superintendent has proposed striking the word evolution from Georgia's science curriculum and replacing it with the phrase "biological changes over time."

Superintendent Kathy Cox said the concept of evolution would still be taught under the proposal, but the word would not be used in the curriculum. Cox, a Republican elected to the post in 2002, repeatedly referred to evolution as a "buzzword" Thursday...

I am flabbergasted.
  #2   Report Post  
Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message ...
The state's school superintendent has proposed striking the word evolution from Georgia's science curriculum and replacing it with the phrase "biological changes over time."

Superintendent Kathy Cox said the concept of evolution would still be taught under the proposal, but the word would not be used in the curriculum. Cox, a Republican elected to the post in 2002, repeatedly referred to evolution as a "buzzword" Thursday...

I am flabbergasted.

Political Correctness for the right?
  #3   Report Post  
Michael McKelvy

I am flabbergasted.

The law that generated the Scopes Monkey trial wasn't overturned until the 1960's.

These people are morons.

#4   Report Post  
Schizoid Man

I'm not familiar with the Scopes Monkey trial. But I am absolutely shocked. Stunned.
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message ...

I am flabbergasted.

The law that generated the Scopes Monkey trial wasn't overturned until the 1960's.

These people are morons.

#5   Report Post  
Michael McKelvy

I'm not familiar with the Scopes Monkey trial. But I am absolutely shocked. Stunned.

It was fictionalized in a stage play and late a terrific movie, Inherit the Wind with Spencer Tracy and Frederic March.

The real trial pitted Clarence Darrow against Wm Jennings Bryant.

If you haven't seen the movie, I encourage you to see it.

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message ...

I am flabbergasted.

These people are morons.