Default A Comparison

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
news

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in
message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

There is also a subjective observation I can offer: A
QSC amplifier sounds a
lot like a Sunfire, or an (old) Bryston. There may be
some who like that sound. I do not. To me, these
particular amplifiers are abhorent.

How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Ironic that Bob tacitly admits that he never has listened to
any.

Brilliant!

Not all are the same.

What? Mikey, please clarify. I thought you believe that
all properly operating amplifiers sound the same.

A very transparent red herring argument.

Please explain.

You complained that the one amp from QSC you listened to sounded bad,

but
you made no attempt to do any sort of bias controlled comparison of it

anything else.

It was ****ing on my back.

A filthy habit, stop it.

I assume you can't tell when a light is on in the
room, or when the wind is blowing, or whether you are stinking up the
joint.
Let me enlighten you: all three things are happening.

I don't see that you have any such ability.

You also seem to believe that there are different amplifiers
sounds based on the type of amplifier, Class H for example. QSC make
many
different amps most of which are not class H, which I have never heard
bad
mouthed by anyone. The old Soundcraftsmen Class H amps were always

well
reviewed AFAIK.

Given all the different amps QSC makes and that they also seem to be
universally well reviewed and respected,
They are not. Bret and I happen to think they're not suited for hifi.

But your ecperience is vastly more limited than the people who use and
review QSC. If they were as bad as you say the company would not have

been
around for 30 years.
Your comments about them not being suited for hi -fi are baseless.

it would seem only fair to see if
Nothing about you is fair, Mikey. You are a stooge, a dupe, and a weak
minded one to boot.

An opinion you keep expressing based on zero evidence. Nothing new
there.

you have heard any other of their amps.

I picked the PLX series simply because they are touted as for anybody
needing a high quality, high power amp.
Mikey, you ARE a tout. A tout is a dishonest person who does nasty

things
as
detailed below. You are one of them.

"tout", from http://hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=tout

1.. [n] one who sells advice about gambling or speculation
(especially
at
the racetrack)
2.. [n] someone who advertises for customers in an especially brazen

way
3.. [n] (British) someone who buys tickets to an event in order to
resell
them at a profit
4.. [v] show off
5.. [v] advertize in strongly positive terms; "This product was
touted
as
a revolutionary invention"

Consistently, you offer nothing. The word tout was used correctly as per
your number 5 above.

It was used as per definition number two. Be honest with yourself.

So you still have nothing to say about audio.

How big was that telescope?

Robert Morein

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
news

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

Don't be silly, Mikey.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
news

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

Still don't know, eh?

dave weil

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:46:35 GMT, "
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:00:02 GMT, "
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:00:40 GMT, "
wrote:

I don't think you honestly do that for any amp, yet people do it here
all
the time.

So, as my mom would have said, "If your friend jumps off the top of a
building, you're going to do the same"?

I think sometimes it good to illustrate absurdity by being a bit absurd.

So, we shouldn't take your comments that started this whole thread
seriously at all then. You were just wasting everyone's time...

You should take them any way you want.

I did.

And thanks for admitting to your absurdity.

Now it's your turn.

For what?
Bret Ludwig

Robert Morein wrote:
" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

you made no attempt to do any sort of bias controlled comparison of it to
anything else.

It was ****ing on my back. I assume you can't tell when a light is on in the
room, or when the wind is blowing, or whether you are stinking up the joint.
Let me enlighten you: all three things are happening.

You also seem to believe that there are different amplifiers
sounds based on the type of amplifier, Class H for example. QSC make many
different amps most of which are not class H, which I have never heard bad
mouthed by anyone. The old Soundcraftsmen Class H amps were always well
reviewed AFAIK.

Given all the different amps QSC makes and that they also seem to be
universally well reviewed and respected,

They are not. Bret and I happen to think they're not suited for hifi.

I would say they are not as suited for hi-fi, as many other amps are.
But compared to some of the junk sold at Best Buy they are, at least,
no worse, and probably better, and certainly cheaper. You could always
repurpose them for a bench amp or a variable AC turntable supply, or
resell them-rock bands are always blowing stuff like this up, and they
are likely to be economically unrepairable. Since we are talking under
$200 (US) they would almost be worth having as a backup or for the
kids.

The QSC amps have to be better built than the Behringers, and likely
more durable as well. But then again, they are not as cheap.

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:46:35 GMT, "
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:00:02 GMT, "
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
m...
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:00:40 GMT, "
wrote:

I don't think you honestly do that for any amp, yet people do it
here
all
the time.

So, as my mom would have said, "If your friend jumps off the top of
building, you're going to do the same"?

I think sometimes it good to illustrate absurdity by being a bit
absurd.

So, we shouldn't take your comments that started this whole thread
seriously at all then. You were just wasting everyone's time...

You should take them any way you want.

I did.

And thanks for admitting to your absurdity.

Now it's your turn.

For what?

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:46:35 GMT, "
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:00:02 GMT, "
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
m...
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:00:40 GMT, "
wrote:

I don't think you honestly do that for any amp, yet people do it
here
all
the time.

So, as my mom would have said, "If your friend jumps off the top of
building, you're going to do the same"?

I think sometimes it good to illustrate absurdity by being a bit
absurd.

So, we shouldn't take your comments that started this whole thread
seriously at all then. You were just wasting everyone's time...

You should take them any way you want.

I did.

And thanks for admitting to your absurdity.

Now it's your turn.

For what?

To bite off the ehad of a chicken of course!

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

The PLX series is more than suited, it's a power house and a very clean amp.

But compared to some of the junk sold at Best Buy they are, at least,
no worse, and probably better, and certainly cheaper.

$1700.00 plusa is not cheaper than most of the stuff at Best Buy.

You could always
repurpose them for a bench amp or a variable AC turntable supply, or
resell them-rock bands are always blowing stuff like this up,

Not if they use any reasonable degree of caution. There are other amps form
other companies like Pyramid that are pretty ****ty form what I've seen, but
QSC, Mackie, Crown and Crest all build their amps like tanks. I suspect
that there are a lot of underpowered amps that get blown form trying to get
more power than they have.

and they
are likely to be economically unrepairable. Since we are talking under
$200 (US) they would almost be worth having as a backup or for the
kids.

That depends on which amps you're talking about. The PLX 3402 that I posted
specs on is $1700.00 plus. It is indeed made to be used as a hi-fi amp for
home or for any other purpose where one wants a high power amp. It also
comes with a 3 year warranty, with an optional additional 3 years. according
to their website this warranty is for all but the DCA 2 channel series.

There is nothing to indicate that QSC's PLX line could not hold it's own
against audiophile amp on the market. Naturally SP or any of the other rags
will ever review one because it will shatter to many illusions.

As to the Behringer A500, it's price should be pocket change for somebody
that doesn't need to a million dollar prize for proving they can hear things
that they claim they can hear but nobody else ever has.

The QSC amps have to be better built than the Behringers, and likely
more durable as well. But then again, they are not as cheap.

They don't have to be, but their reputation is that they are. The new
Behringer A500 Reference amp that I have discussed in another thread
obviously is not meant for touring but at $179.00 for 160wpc amp, still has
a 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

paul packer

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:09:57 GMT, wrote:

To bite off the ehad of a chicken of course!

Isn't that somewhere just around the thigh area?

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:09:57 GMT, wrote:

To bite off the ehad of a chicken of course!

Isn't that somewhere just around the thigh area?

Aw ****.

Robert Morein

Default Mikey admits he's a geek

wrote in message
k.net...

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:09:57 GMT, wrote:

To bite off the ehad of a chicken of course!

Isn't that somewhere just around the thigh area?

Aw ****.

Mikey, where can we see you perform?

Robert Morein

wrote in message
.net...

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

No warranty is expressed or implied that it will sound good.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
link.net...
[snip]
Not every pro amp is suitable since they don't all have the same kind of

low
distortion and low noise as QSC, Hafler, Crown and some others.

Take QSC out of that list, Mikey.

Bret Ludwig

wrote:
But compared to some of the junk sold at Best Buy they are, at least,
no worse, and probably better, and certainly cheaper.

$1700.00 plusa is not cheaper than most of the stuff at Best Buy.

I was of course referering to the Behringers.

[...]

The QSC amplifier is a well built piece and is well suited for its
intended use. For $1700 I guarantee there are better choices for home
use. A Cummins Signature 600 engine costs as much as a Porsche 911
Carrera's does, but to say that "one is better than the other" is a
little tough. The Cummins engine weighs more than the whole car the
Porsche engine is intended for. The only way the Porsche would power a
Class 8 truck would be with electric drive, like a locomotive-and it
would probably last about a week in truck service.

" wrote in message
link.net...
[snip]
Not every pro amp is suitable since they don't all have the same kind of

low
distortion and low noise as QSC, Hafler, Crown and some others.

Take QSC out of that list, Mikey.

Why, it's as good as any of them and better than some. Why do condemn them
all when the have several lines of amplifers in several price ranges, with
differing applications. The PLX line is more than suitable for home hi-fi
even if you dis it.

They wouldn't be in business for 30 years by making a bad product. The
Crown amps tend to be rated almost exactly the same as the QSC lines they
compete with. although Crown makes some cheaper than amp lines than QSC.

Crown also has two non- fan cooled amps, while QSC no longer does.

QSC and Mackie tend to be the highest rated pro amps by the people who use
them.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

wrote in message
.net...

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

For that price it would be easy enough to find out. Worst case it couold be
bridged and used as a subwoofer amp.

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
[...]

Based on what?

A Cummins Signature 600 engine costs as much as a Porsche 911
Carrera's does, but to say that "one is better than the other" is a
little tough. The Cummins engine weighs more than the whole car the
Porsche engine is intended for. The only way the Porsche would power a
Class 8 truck would be with electric drive, like a locomotive-and it
would probably last about a week in truck service.

Let's not compare apples and oranges.

The QSC line of amps is conservatively rated by the manufacurer and highly
rated by their customers.

The Behringer's are IMO lopwer quailty, but still a steal. The new
reference amp deserves to reviewed and measured to get an idea of how good
it performance matches it ad copy.

Like I said toRobert a 160wpc for $169 is cedrtainly worth investigating and
if not suited for driving regular speakers could be bridged and used as a
kick ass subwoofer amp.

SVsubwoofers recomends 2 pro amps for use with their subs from Crown and
Samson.
They also recomend Rane and Art Equalizers, all of which are pro audio
lines.

Update: Comparison of Hi-Res Portable Audio Recorders (PDAudio,PMD670,FR-2,R-1) [email protected] Tech 0 December 28th 04 05:40 AM
Car Amp Comparison Trader Car Audio 366 December 6th 04 04:12 PM
Incredible Mic Comparison Bill Ruys Pro Audio 14 October 31st 04 04:45 PM
comparison article - old octal triodes vs new noval triodes Fritz Stockhammer Vacuum Tubes 3 December 27th 03 03:22 PM
here are some preamp comparison results jnorman Pro Audio 13 November 25th 03 03:36 AM