Fritz Stockhammer

Default comparison article - old octal triodes vs new noval triodes

Hi,
i search for an old article - i lost them - which describes the
comparison old octal triodes vs new noval triodes. It was several
pages long and was published similar in Glass Audio. I remember - i
belief - i print out this from this forum .... but i lost them :-(

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Yours sincerely
Friedrich Stockhammer
Andy Evans

See Morgan Jones 3rd Edition (recommends 6SN7/7N7/6J5 and gives a stack of
measurements for octals and 9 pins) and the sites below

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?...hlight=6sn7+th
orsten&r=&session

http://www.geocities.com/la1zka/hifi/distortion.html

http://www.enteract.com/~joepage/tubelist.htm
http://users.rcn.com/joepage

=== Andy Evans ===
Visit our Website:- http://www.artsandmedia.com
Audio, music and health pages and interesting links.
Fritz Stockhammer

Dear Andy,
See Morgan Jones 3rd Edition (recommends 6SN7/7N7/6J5 and gives a stack of
measurements for octals and 9 pins) and the sites below

i found it :-) and want a contact to the author(s) from
"Audio Preamp Tubes: A Survey" - by Eric Barbour - Glass Audio, 1997,
Volume 9, Number 6 and a similar publishing on (not more existing)
link:
http://www.allcreative.com/Information/tube_preamp.html
"Surveying the common audio preamp tubes" (my printing day 14. 12.
1997)
by cynic an append a comment from Dan
Kerl and a create endorsement from Chun Wong.
I search the orginal document (as text html or pdf file) and the
author(s) - i will publish this paper on my homepage:
http://www.stockhammer.at/hifi/

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Yours sincerely
Friedrich Stockhammer
http://www.stockhammer.at/
Fritz Stockhammer

Dear Andy,
my project is a headphone amp looks like from "Headwize"
http://www.headwize.com/projects/ forums:
EarMax like - Chu Moy (E88CC, &DJ8, Bruce Bender (6N1P), Fred
Forssell's Tube Opamp design (differential input stage) = EarMax like
with differential input stage ....
http://www.appelt4u.de/headphone/g-headphone.htm based on
http://www.tubecad.com/march2001/page19.html

or OTL mu-follower design - Kurt Strain, Eric Barbour, etc.