Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Default duh!

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:47:47 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
om
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

Note that Paul Packer routinely berates some on this
forum for their personal attacks, but not Sackman,
Middius, Weil ...

That's just not true, I ALWAYS berate
you for your personal attacks.

Art, so you are now admitting to be owner and operator of the Paul Packer
sockpuppet?

Is that an arthritic hand crawling up my back, or just paranoia?

Don't worry, I just trimmed my nails.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Default Golden-Ears Myth

Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 2:35 am
Email:

It doesn't it only matters if you try and tell people that there is some
scientific reason why LP is better than CD, assuming you believed that, or
any other such nonsense. Beyond that nobody cares what you buy or why.

I probably fall more on your side in that argument. I believe, however,
that I'd rather fight ID getting taught to my children as 'science' in
public schools than bother with someone who wants to paint the edges of
their CDs with green ink because it causes all the veils to drop away
due to lowered loss from refraction.

Some of us can multitask.

The fact that there are people who believe the earth is 5,000 years old
scares me a hell of a lot more than somebody who believes electrons
care what kind of wire they go through...

The war by subjectivist buffoons against scientific materialism is
carried on on both fronts, just in different ways. Unfortunately the
buffoons on the anti-evolution front have gained some degree of
political clout; happily the 'power' of those on the anti-DBT
front is still confined to the backwater of
audio. But let's keep an eye on them, OK? Look where
ignoring the creationist clowns got us.

--
-S
"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." - James Madison (1788)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 06:02:59 +0000 (UTC), Steven Sullivan
wrote:

The war by subjectivist buffoons against scientific materialism is
carried on on both fronts, just in different ways. Unfortunately the
buffoons on the anti-evolution front have gained some degree of
political clout; happily the 'power' of those on the anti-DBT
front is still confined to the backwater of
audio. But let's keep an eye on them, OK? Look where
ignoring the creationist clowns got us.

That's amazingly arrogant. Is there much more where that came from?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

paul packer said to Sillybot:

ignoring the creationist clowns got us.

That's amazingly arrogant. Is there much more where that came from?

Wait 'till next Monday, after Silly's had another Sunday in church.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

wrote:

The war by subjectivist buffoons against scientific materialism is
carried on on both fronts, just in different ways. Unfortunately the
buffoons on the anti-evolution front have gained some degree of
political clout; happily the 'power' of those on the anti-DBT
front is still confined to the backwater of
audio. But let's keep an eye on them, OK? Look where
ignoring the creationist clowns got us.

That's amazingly arrogant. Is there much more where that came from?

Awwww.....did I hurt your widdle feelings?

And I was so hoping for one of your 'good one!' posts.

--
-S
"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." - James Madison (1788)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

The war by subjectivist buffoons against scientific materialism is
carried on on both fronts, just in different ways. Unfortunately the
buffoons on the anti-evolution front have gained some degree of
political clout; happily the 'power' of those on the anti-DBT
front is still confined to the backwater of
audio. But let's keep an eye on them, OK? Look where
ignoring the creationist clowns got us.

That's amazingly arrogant. Is there much more where that came from?

Awwww.....did I hurt your widdle feelings?

When I see someone as cosily entrenched in his opinion as you are, I
become afraid for him lest dissolutionment be on the horizon. And no,
I'm not talking about Creationism, just the overweening air of
superiority and self-satisfaction of your post. Nothing is that
certain.

And I was so hoping for one of your 'good one!' posts.

I only award those to worthy recipients. Please try harder.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

paul packer said:

dissolutionment

Krooglish!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

wrote:

The war by subjectivist buffoons against scientific materialism is
carried on on both fronts, just in different ways. Unfortunately the
buffoons on the anti-evolution front have gained some degree of
political clout; happily the 'power' of those on the anti-DBT
front is still confined to the backwater of
audio. But let's keep an eye on them, OK? Look where
ignoring the creationist clowns got us.

That's amazingly arrogant. Is there much more where that came from?

Awwww.....did I hurt your widdle feelings?

When I see someone as cosily entrenched in his opinion as you are, I
become afraid for him lest dissolutionment be on the horizon.

'Dissolutionment'? You mean like when Dorothy threw water on
the wicked witch?

And no,
I'm not talking about Creationism, just the overweening air of
superiority and self-satisfaction of your post. Nothing is that
certain.

Death, taxes, the get-thee-behind-me-satan response of certain
audiofools to the idea of claim verification, all come to mind.

And I was so hoping for one of your 'good one!' posts.

I only award those to worthy recipients. Please try harder.

If your demonstrated standard of 'worthy' wasn't so risible,
I'd say you were trying to be condescending here...or even
arrogant. Better watch that sort of thing...you wouldn't want
to cede the higher ground.

--
-S
"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." - James Madison (1788)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

I'd say you were trying to be condescending
here...or even arrogant.

Paul doesn't have to try...

Better watch that sort of
thing...you wouldn't want to cede the higher ground.

Paul has been avoiding the higher ground all along. He's just a slightly
more mature version of Middius and Sackman.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default Sillybot's Latest Meltdown

Sillybot, are you rehearsing your pulpit-pounding routine for a reason?

Death, taxes, the get-thee-behind-me-satan response of certain
audiofools to the idea of claim verification, all come to mind.

As we all know, Stupie, you have ears of tin, or possibly even clay. The
only question remaining about your consuming fear of the high end is
whether you have a physical handicap, hearingwise, or if you just don't
get the whole music appreciation thing.

And lest anybody forget, Silly, you are so confident that everything
sounds the same that you recently purchased an AV receiver ***without
auditioning any models*** -- INCLUDING THE ONE YOU PURCHASED! Such
dedication to sameness and mediocrity should get you a special
commendation from the Hive.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Arny Krueger
Date: Wed, Feb 15 2006 1:08 pm
Email: "Arny Krueger"

I'd say you were trying to be condescending
here...or even arrogant.

Paul doesn't have to try...

Better watch that sort of
thing...you wouldn't want to cede the higher ground.

Paul has been avoiding the higher ground all along. He's just a slightly
more mature version of Middius and Sackman.

I find insulting people to their face so much more satisfying. Don't
you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
ups.com
From: Arny Krueger
Date: Wed, Feb 15 2006 1:08 pm
Email: "Arny Krueger"

I'd say you were trying to be condescending
here...or even arrogant.

Paul doesn't have to try...

Better watch that sort of
thing...you wouldn't want to cede the higher ground.

Paul has been avoiding the higher ground all along. He's
just a slightly more mature version of Middius and
Sackman.

I find insulting people to their face so much more
satisfying. Don't you?

It's a public forum, or haven't you noticed? ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

'Dissolutionment'? You mean like when Dorothy threw water on
the wicked witch?

Watch out!

That's a house comin at ya

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

The war by subjectivist buffoons against scientific materialism is
carried on on both fronts, just in different ways. Unfortunately the
buffoons on the anti-evolution front have gained some degree of
political clout; happily the 'power' of those on the anti-DBT
front is still confined to the backwater of
audio. But let's keep an eye on them, OK? Look where
ignoring the creationist clowns got us.

That's amazingly arrogant. Is there much more where that came from?

No, it is just same old Sullivan. Forever preening his person as a
crusader and a spokesman for a "cause". I ridiculed him out of speaking
for "science" and "The National Science something or other" now he is
speaking for Darwin and Huxley.
Poor guys must be turning in their graves.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

And no,
I'm not talking about Creationism, just the overweening air of
superiority and self-satisfaction of your post. Nothing is that
certain.

Death, taxes, the get-thee-behind-me-satan response of certain
audiofools to the idea of claim verification, all come to mind.

Why are you demonstrating my point for me? Which, BTW, in case you've
forgotten, is your blatant arrogance and self-satisfaction.

And where is there "debate" when one party clearly believes he speaks
from a point of omniscience. Phrases like "certain audiophools"
dismiss the other party's case before it's stated, and arise from the
same self-image as your original post---i.e., "I'm so blatantly, so
blindingly, so fabulously right how the hell can anyone dare to argue
with me"? Now for a moment of self-examination, Steven. Post with a
straight face that that thought has never entered your mind.

And I was so hoping for one of your 'good one!' posts.

I only award those to worthy recipients. Please try harder.

If your demonstrated standard of 'worthy' wasn't so risible,
I'd say you were trying to be condescending here...or even
arrogant.

What about tongue-in-cheek? You're about as good at detecting that as
Arnie.

Better watch that sort of thing...you wouldn't want
to cede the higher ground.

Unlike you I don't presume to have it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 07:39:52 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

paul packer said:

dissolutionment

Krooglish!

Just testing if you've got your detector turned on, George. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:08:38 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Better watch that sort of
thing...you wouldn't want to cede the higher ground.

Paul has been avoiding the higher ground all along. He's just a slightly
more mature version of Middius and Sackman.

Why thank you, Arnie. I do rejoice in my minor points of superiority
over others. There aren't many, of course.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Arny Krueger
Date: Wed, Feb 15 2006 8:12 pm
Email: "Arny Krueger"

I find insulting people to their face so much more
satisfying. Don't you?

It's a public forum, or haven't you noticed? ;-)

What has that got to do with chicken**** third-person attacks?;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

wrote:

And no,
I'm not talking about Creationism, just the overweening air of
superiority and self-satisfaction of your post. Nothing is that
certain.

Death, taxes, the get-thee-behind-me-satan response of certain
audiofools to the idea of claim verification, all come to mind.

Why are you demonstrating my point for me? Which, BTW, in case you've
forgotten, is your blatant arrogance and self-satisfaction.

Ah yes, *that*.

And where is there "debate" when one party clearly believes he speaks
from a point of omniscience. Phrases like "certain audiophools"
dismiss the other party's case before it's stated, and arise from the
same self-image as your original post---i.e., "I'm so blatantly, so
blindingly, so fabulously right how the hell can anyone dare to argue
with me"? Now for a moment of self-examination, Steven. Post with a
straight face that that thought has never entered your mind.

Hey, I wrote *certain*, not *all*. Are you feeling put-upon?

And I was so hoping for one of your 'good one!' posts.

I only award those to worthy recipients. Please try harder.

If your demonstrated standard of 'worthy' wasn't so risible,
I'd say you were trying to be condescending here...or even
arrogant.

What about tongue-in-cheek? You're about as good at detecting that as
Arnie.

I'd say you've had a little trouble hitting the side of the barn,
yourself.

Better watch that sort of thing...you wouldn't want
to cede the higher ground.

Unlike you I don't presume to have it.

So, how wrong do you think you are, right now?