Posted to rec.audio.tubes
sortech sortech is offline

Default Tube audio

Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore or is this
another social issues sight.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

sortech wrote:

Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore
or is this another social issues sight.

Yes, you've come to the right plaice.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sal Sal is offline

sortech wrote:
Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore or is this
another social issues sight.

With all the audio forums out there which are moderated, these
newsgroups are going the way of the dinosaur. BUt I do check them from
time to time.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Watt? Me worry? Watt? Me worry? is offline

Sure, tubes are fun. But, these trash collection sites work very
well

Happy Ears!

Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore[_4_] Eeyore[_4_] is offline

sortech wrote:
Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore

Sometimes. You may be suffering from the number of cross-posted messages.

or is this another social issues sight.

I think the word you mean is 'site' except it's not a site either, it's
a Usenet GROUP. Completely different concept.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore[_4_] Eeyore[_4_] is offline

Ian Iveson wrote:
sortech wrote:

Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore
or is this another social issues sight.

Yes, you've come to the right plaice.

LOL !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

On Aug 31, 4:35*am, "Ian Iveson"
wrote:
sortech wrote:
Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore
or is this another social issues sight.

Yes, you've come to the right plaice.

But, Hali, you've got to be careful. Don't get had, doc[k]. Still
some cod[s] wallop here but likely you can hack[e] it.
Gone fishin'...
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Engineer wrote:
On Aug 31, 4:35 am, "Ian
wrote:
sortech wrote:
Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore
or is this another social issues sight.

Yes, you've come to the right plaice.

But, Hali, you've got to be careful. Don't get had, doc[k]. Still
some cod[s] wallop here but likely you can hack[e] it.
Gone fishin'...
Cheers,
Roger

You can still get a reasonable discussion about tubes here. There is a lot of noise but if you
ignore it will not make the signal inaudible. The key is to ignore it and not reply to it at all.

Cheers

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Ian Bell wrote:

Yes, you've come to the right plaice.

But, Hali, you've got to be careful. Don't get had,
doc[k]. Still
some cod[s] wallop here but likely you can hack[e] it.
Gone fishin'...
Cheers,
Roger

You can still get a reasonable discussion about tubes
here. There is a lot of noise but if you ignore it will
not make the signal inaudible. The key is to ignore it and
not reply to it at all.

You're floundering.

Ian

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Sep 5, 5:01*pm, Eeyore
m wrote:
sortech wrote:
Is there anyone who likes to talk about tube audio anymore

Sometimes. You may be suffering from the number of cross-posted messages.

or is this another social issues sight.

I think the word you mean is 'site' except it's not a site either, it's
a Usenet GROUP. Completely different concept.

Graham

Indeed this place is not a "site" which means a website. Here is a
public bulletin board type of place, rather like a rough online pub
where of course there are no rules and no moderation and where fist
fights and brawls have commonly occured.
Once upon a time the usenet groups were people by only learned men
from establishments where expensive computery and hardwary was
available, such as universities or military joints.

Then came the PC and the Internet revolution in around 1995 and every
wanabe or crazy "inta lek chual" was attracted along with the many
who for the first time could discuss their interests across the world
instead of being confined to their local region where there was nobody
with whom they might discuss anything.

We have sure moved down in useful volume of traffic on audio matters
since 2000 when I began posting here and when there were at least 50
posts everyday by numerous people who spent real time building mainly
audio amps and sound systems.

But anyone who now comes might think this group almost entirely to be
moribund, or ****ed, which is more easily understood.
There once never was any spam, but now it clutters the group. But
there are not so many endless flame wars either.

I suggest that anyone now newly arriving here should seek to view the
archives of the groups discussions if they are at all available and
they might down load the lot onto a CD or two and this can be searched
on their PC and I would be almst certain that any question anyone
might have now about tube audio may have been asked and answered
during the previous 10 years.

Access to Useret groups has changed a bit and has become unavailable
for me except via Google Groups which I initially found was more
difficult to use than the bulletin board display of postings.

Anyway, I manage now with Google, and remember, If I can do something,
so might anyone else.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Ian Iveson wrote:
Ian Bell wrote:

Yes, you've come to the right plaice.

But, Hali, you've got to be careful. Don't get had,
doc[k]. Still
some cod[s] wallop here but likely you can hack[e] it.
Gone fishin'...
Cheers,
Roger

You can still get a reasonable discussion about tubes
here. There is a lot of noise but if you ignore it will
not make the signal inaudible. The key is to ignore it and
not reply to it at all.

You're floundering.

Ian

But I know my plaice.