Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MD

Default Curious - how many hours of listening do you people do?

Seems like some of you spend far too much time lambasting each other
hear than listening - unless of course you don't sleep or work.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"MD" wrote in message
Seems like some of you spend far too much time lambasting each other hear
than listening - unless of course you don't sleep or work.

I, for one, sleep at work.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MD wrote:
Seems like some of you spend far too much time lambasting each other
hear than listening - unless of course you don't sleep or work.

Never mind just listening to music, or even spending time on improving
their audio systems. Just try to find a productive discussion on audio
on this group, where these kids aren't tearing at each other's throats.
I couldn't find a single thread where a discussion about audio was
being held, and the participants weren't attacking each other. So I
tried to start one (Paper Or Plastic?). It immediately became another
attack thread (thanks to ScottW for that...).

This group doesn't need a moderator. It needs a referee.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

wrote in message
ups.com...

MD wrote:
Seems like some of you spend far too much time lambasting each other
hear than listening - unless of course you don't sleep or work.

Never mind just listening to music, or even spending time on improving
their audio systems. Just try to find a productive discussion on audio
on this group, where these kids aren't tearing at each other's throats.
I couldn't find a single thread where a discussion about audio was
being held, and the participants weren't attacking each other. So I
tried to start one (Paper Or Plastic?). It immediately became another
attack thread (thanks to ScottW for that...).

This group doesn't need a moderator. It needs a referee.

Sorry I missed that. I will now respond to your thread.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

wrote in message
ups.com...

MD wrote:
Seems like some of you spend far too much time lambasting each other
hear than listening - unless of course you don't sleep or work.

Never mind just listening to music, or even spending time on improving
their audio systems. Just try to find a productive discussion on audio
on this group, where these kids aren't tearing at each other's throats.
I couldn't find a single thread where a discussion about audio was
being held, and the participants weren't attacking each other. So I
tried to start one (Paper Or Plastic?). It immediately became another
attack thread (thanks to ScottW for that...).

I simply didn't agree with your premise nor your approach and
for that I am accused of "attack".

Here's attack... you've demonstrated yourself to be.. quite
obviously the biggest hypocrite I've ever encountered on
RAO. Congratulations.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

MD wrote:
Seems like some of you spend far too much time lambasting each other
hear than listening - unless of course you don't sleep or work.

I'd guess I've done about 12 hours in the past week of pure listening, on
my main system. I do tend to stay up late even on weeknights.
This weekend I'm sure I'll put in another three or four.

--
-S
"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." - James Madison (1788)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"MD" wrote in message

Answering the title line, I listen to about 3-4 hours of live music and
spoken word a week. I listen to music for another 3-8 hours a week related
to mixing and editing recordings of the music and spoken word, mostly
related to the live events. I listen to music just for the purpose of
enjoyment for about 4 hours a week.