Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Tommy Pano Tommy Pano is offline

Default HELP! Grandaughter put finger in my monitor speaker

HELLO TO ALL,

My

visiting 4 yr. old grandaughter decided to
push the uncovered bottom part of my,[
BERINGHER TRUTH
B2031- monitor] and though it did not poke
a hole thru, it is pushed inside and
krinkled and I sure
could use any help in getting it "puffed"
back out. I tried sticky duct tape but not
strong enough and
I'M afraid to push any harder, for I hope I
can save it. Or can I? Had them for 3 yrs.
now and though I know of BER. bad
reputation, these bi-amped monitors always
sound very good, and I'm not wealthy; but I
picked the pair up from ZZ sounds for
around under 3 a few yrs. back. I don't
have the manual anymore but i think you're
to avoid removing the face, [ if that would
even work, to push out ] as I believed it
said of some chemical in there behind the
cones.
PLEASE---- any help would be DEEPLY
appreciated!!!!!
Thankkzzzzzz.......

--
Take Care now,
TOMMY.... ..

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
yellowmattercustard yellowmattercustard is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Tommy Pano" wrote in message

visiting 4 yr. old grandaughter decided to push the uncovered bottom part
of my,[ BERINGHER TRUTH
B2031- monitor] and though it did not poke a hole thru, it is pushed
inside and krinkled and I sure
could use any help in getting it "puffed" back out. I tried sticky duct
tape but not

Tommy,
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. If anything can be done, you
will have to take the driver out. Remove the four screws and pry at the
edges of the driver frame to release it.

You can also try a vacuum cleaner, or a shop vac with a larger hose.
I've seen this work several times, but I'm not familiar with Ber drivers
so ymmv.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Tommy Pano" wrote in message
. net
HELLO TO ALL,

My

visiting 4 yr. old grandaughter decided to
push the uncovered bottom part of my,[
BERINGHER TRUTH
B2031- monitor] and though it did not poke
a hole thru, it is pushed inside and
krinkled and I sure
could use any help in getting it "puffed"
back out.

The damage may not have any audible consequences.

If so, one alternative is to note that its not broken, so don't try to fix
it. It is way too easy to seriously break something in cases like this.

If the problem is a popped-in dome, besides tape, you can suck through a
straw, or use a pin to pull it out.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The Krooborg is out in the cold again

The Krooborg gazes into its toilet bowl and tries to interpret the
remnants of yesterday's dinner for a sign that all is not lost.

The damage may not have any audible consequences.

As any RAO veteran will tell you, the Krooborg does not "believe" in
audibility as a performance measure of audio equipment. Especially so
if you rely on your organic optical organs when, today, the
availabiility of cybernetic ocular implants is messy and expensive.

If so, one alternative is to note that its[sic] not broken

Here the Beast lapses into Krooglish. It imagines that an imaginary
part of the loudspeaker is broken in order to klaim the part is *not*
broken. This is a standard "debating trade" tactic known as
Strawborging.

If the problem is a popped-in dome, besides tape, you can suck through a
straw, or use a pin to pull it out.

This is a coded invitation to one of Mr. ****'s "private training
sessions". If you accept the invite and go into Turdborg's den of
iniquity, bring some defensive armaments. A high-pitched whistle is a
necessity, and a can of Mace wouldn't hurt.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 1 Apr, 10:23, George M. Middius wrote:
[...]

you forgot the roll of toilet paper, or "at least" a book of $1,000
checks

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Tommy Pano Tommy Pano is offline

Thanks to all who replied!. I used the vac.
hose succesfully. Relieved for now.
Again.......

--
Take Care now,
TOMMY.... ..

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
yellowmattercustard yellowmattercustard is offline

"Tommy Pano" wrote

Thanks to all who replied!.

You're welcome!

I used the vac. hose succesfully. Relieved for now.

Excellent.

Again.......

--
Take Care now,