es

Default a good power inverter for PS2

hey what is a good power inverter for a PS2 in my car. what is a good
Wattage Rating to run it safely.

i got a alpine tme m760 and how do i get the audio to go to my cd
player

Mister.Lull

If you have the manual for your PS2 still, the specs (probably near the
back of the manual) should tell you how much power it uses, and thus
how big/small of a power inverter you'll need.
Next, to run the sound into your deck from the PS2 you need to have
inputs (RCA) in the back (or front, I guess) of your deck. Simply run
the RCA sound outputs from the PlayStation directly into those inputs.
Viola! You now have PlayStation 2 sound coming out of your bumpin'
system.

Mister.Lull

Spike

If you don't have RCA jacks, you can also get an RF Modulator (about
$30 from Crutchfield www.crutchfield.com) you connect between the
antenna and the HU (it has an on/off switch), and you connect the PS2
to the RFM. It then broadcasts the sound on a selected frequency so it
comes through your speaker system. This is what I had to do with my
portable DVD player.

On 13 May 2005 06:59:01 -0700, "es" wrote:

hey what is a good power inverter for a PS2 in my car. what is a good
Wattage Rating to run it safely.

i got a alpine tme m760 and how do i get the audio to go to my cd
player

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
es

Spike wrote:
If you don't have RCA jacks, you can also get an RF Modulator (about
$30 from Crutchfield www.crutchfield.com) you connect between the
antenna and the HU (it has an on/off switch), and you connect the PS2
to the RFM. It then broadcasts the sound on a selected frequency so

it
comes through your speaker system. This is what I had to do with my
portable DVD player.

On 13 May 2005 06:59:01 -0700, "es" wrote:

hey what is a good power inverter for a PS2 in my car. what is a

good
Wattage Rating to run it safely.

i got a alpine tme m760 and how do i get the audio to go to my cd
player

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

but will that be good sound quality how is it working for you?

Spike

Actually I have tried two. One was a lightweight that operated off
batteries (AA) and was a waste. It sounded pretty good at first but
the sound quality went south pretty fast. This one seems to be pretty
darn good. It's actually in line with the antenna cable and has an on
off switch so when you want to use it the radio gets it's signal from
the RFM. When you aren't using it switch to off, and the antenna
signal passes right on through. All in all, I think the $30 was well
worth the investment. As always, each system is different, but it
sounds good with mine... almost like my home theater.

I mounted the RFM on the back of the glove box with the switch
accessible from inside the glove box. The portable DVD player sits in
a plastic slide out tray. The jacks stay in the glove box when I take
the player out of the car. All in all it works out pretty nice.

This way, I can pull into a KOA campground and a lot of them have
cable TV hookups at each camp site. So, I can watch movies, Tv or
whatever when I'm on the road. Got the tent and other gear in the
trunk, along with my ever ready fishing gear and folding chair with
can holder : ).

I do a lot of photography, both digital and film. I can put the
photos on a DVD and take them with me when I visit my daughter and
grandchildren back east, go to a Vietnam reunion, or whatever. I guess
the next thing I should get is a laptop.

On 13 May 2005 19:15:45 -0700, "es" wrote:

but will that be good sound quality how is it working for you?

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

es

OR i can get thw aiwa cd player with the aux input