Sebastian Millies

Default PC speakers recommendations sought

I am looking for a PC speaker system to connect to my
notebook. Here are my requirements:

- must be a 2 speaker system
- must not be more than $100, inclusive of taxes and shipment
to Germany
- must have a headphone jack
- preferably no external power supply
- no need for remote control

The emphasis is on quality of sound - these are intended for
listening to music. I want good sound in all frequency ranges,
highs crisp bit not tinny, also not looking for a blow-away bass.

Of course I am aware that for the price mentioned,
and restricted to a 2-speaker system, I won't get high-end audio,
but what do people think is the best product I can get that would
fill the bill?

- Thanks, Sebastian

PS: Is this the best group to ask this question? If not, where else
should I post?

Todd H.

"Sebastian Millies" writes:

I am looking for a PC speaker system to connect to my
notebook. Here are my requirements:

- must be a 2 speaker system
- must not be more than $100, inclusive of taxes and shipment
to Germany
- must have a headphone jack
- preferably no external power supply
- no need for remote control

The emphasis is on quality of sound - these are intended for
listening to music. I want good sound in all frequency ranges,
highs crisp bit not tinny, also not looking for a blow-away bass.

Of course I am aware that for the price mentioned,
and restricted to a 2-speaker system, I won't get high-end audio,
but what do people think is the best product I can get that would
fill the bill?

I had somewhat similar requirements, but a little more of budget and
no Germany factor and have been quite happy with the Altec Lansing 2.1
system:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...113-139&DEPA=0

Now, it has the remote control you don't want or need, but sounds
great and full with music of all sorts. I actually use these to do
some review of recordings that I mix.

It doesn't have a horrible wall wart, but does need to be plugged into
the wall. Or are you in need of speakers that don't need power at
all? If so, yeah, you're gonna have a tough tough time finding
something that sounds good with the speaker level outputs of most
sound cards.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H