Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan

Default QC via repeats

One of the best quality control tests for your operation is repeat
business.

A customer called at the last minute to record a concert. I had a
conflict but supplied three options for substitutes: a "real" studio
that also does very good location work, a fellow that specializes in
location work (as I do), and a hobbyist who does OK work real cheap.
They chose the studio, were pleased with the result, but still called me
today to schedule the next concert recording.

Not posting this to brag, but if your customers don't come back, you
don't stay in business long. Contact them and ask why they went
elsewhere. If they tell you (and some won't) it may improve your
operation.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve King

"Carey Carlan" wrote in message
One of the best quality control tests for your operation is repeat
business.

A customer called at the last minute to record a concert. I had a
conflict but supplied three options for substitutes: a "real" studio
that also does very good location work, a fellow that specializes in
location work (as I do), and a hobbyist who does OK work real cheap.
They chose the studio, were pleased with the result, but still called me
today to schedule the next concert recording.

Not posting this to brag, but if your customers don't come back, you
don't stay in business long. Contact them and ask why they went
elsewhere. If they tell you (and some won't) it may improve your
operation.

As part of my proposal, which when signed becomes the contract for the
project, I include a wrap-up meeting with the client to discuss their
overall satisfaction with the project, what they think might be improved on
their end, what they think might be improved on my end, my overall
satisfaction with the project, what I think might be improved on their part,
and what I think might be improved on my part to achieve an even more
successful outcome on the NEXT job. Do that, and even uncomfortable issues
during production become forgotten in the mutual comittment to an
improvement process. Of course some screw-ups by a production company are
unforgivable, and some clients are more trouble than they are worth.
Hopefully both are non-existent or rare in your world.

Steve King

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Sub Amps - a Follow up Question T Tech 26 April 29th 05 05:26 PM
History Repeats Itself Gerald Stombaugh Vacuum Tubes 4 November 5th 03 12:58 AM