Igor

Default Pro-ject Tube Box VS. Musical Fidelity X-LPS

Please give me your opinion about these two phono amps.
Other phono stages (of this class) are not available in my part of the
world.
Gramophone is Pro-ject 6.9 & Grado Prestige Gold.
Thanks.

Bas van Beek

Igor schreef:

Please give me your opinion about these two phono amps.
Other phono stages (of this class) are not available in my part of the
world.
Gramophone is Pro-ject 6.9 & Grado Prestige Gold.
Thanks.

I've tried both phono amps and found the X-LPS far superior in most
aspects. Compared to the X-LPS the Project sounds harsh, has less image
depth and also the construction quality is lower.

I now use the X-LPS with a Rega P3 with Denon DL304 low output mc and
siltech mxt new york interlink

I'd go for the X-LPS, but try them first before you buy. Maybe your idea
of what sounds better is different from mine.

Regards,

Bas van Beek