RB

Default cd music burning

Just getting started in CD music burning, and I think I've made enough
mistakes to write a book! Anyway, I need help in getting the dust settled,
so here goes.

My problem was that if I only put one small music file on a CD and then went
back later to add more, MediaPlayer wouldn't let me do it. So, I have
several nice coasters with only one small music file on them, and lots of
unused capacity.

Now my impressions are the following:

a. the cds need to be "finalized" before they can be played.

b. If you finalize a cd, you can't go back and add addtional files, even if
there's plenty of room.

c. my MediaPlayer automatically finalizes after each burn, regardless of
whether the burn is one small file, or a whole playlist of files.

d. to get around this problem, I need to go to Nero or CD Creator, or one
of the programs like that (they'll let me burn one file at a time without
forcing me to finalize).

e. however, if I put a music file on an unfinalized cd, I can't use it.

f. a related workaround would be to erase the disc and then put a
full-house playlist of music on each one.

Is this about the size of the whole issue? If I've got it right, then this
is just something I have to live with and get on with things.

Now, can Nero or CD Creator erase R/W CDs?