Ronald

Default "Navy Anchor" 6SN7GTs

Your story could also match for the G.E. 6SN7GT .....
Does the Raytheon have a connection of both heaters above the anodes ?
If so it is a G.E. !!

"Stephanie Lacail" schreef in bericht
I've been running some comparison tests on my collection of 6SN7s.
One of the very best is a black plate Raytheon that was inspected
for quality by both the Army Signal Corps and the U.S. Navy late
in WW-II. This tube can be identified by a square inspection
stamp by the U.S. Army Signal Corps and, beside it,
a U.S. Navy "anchor" symbol.
This isn't the common silver-colored Signal Corps stamp-
these stampings are a dark orange.

While most of my 6SN7s sound really good, these have fuller,
richer, more rounded bass. Most of them are a little "mushy"
around the edges of the bass sounds. The "anchor" tubes have
distinct, rounded and "thrumming" sound envelopes. The track
that really displays the difference is a recording
of a human heart beat.

Have you worked with these tubes, and what has your experience been?
Thanks,
Stephanie.

Andy Evans

I have one of these - they do indeed sound rich and rounded.

=== Andy Evans ===
Visit our Website:- http://www.artsandmedia.com
Audio, music and health pages and interesting links.