Tristan Gooey

Default What amp?

Hi,
I recently bought a pair of Tannoy Mercury M2's and have just borrowed an
ordinary Marantz PM-583.
I borrowed the Marantz because the shop was waiting on a series of amps to
come in.

So meanwhile, I have been waiting for about one and half months and have
been rethinking my decision about waiting on this new amp.
The amplifier is an Amber 60C (a brand which I have never heard of, no
reviews, nothing except www.amberelectronics.com). I auditioned the
Tannoy's in the shop through an Amber 60C Special Edition which has two
6FQ7/6CG7 valves for the preamp section instead of solid state used in the
non-special edition.
I remember the 60CSE sounding smooth and vibrant but I worry about the
non-SE sounding harsh and fatiguing.
The 60C retails for AUD$1200 and 60CSE for A$2800.

Could I do better for less money?
I have been considering the Rega Brio, Arcam DiVa A65&75, Cyrus 5 and Rotel
RA-01/02.
I plan to also purchase a Rega Planar 2.

Has anyone heard of Amber? What do you think it and the other amplifiers in
mind?

Thanks,

(it was recommended that I ask in this forum instead of some others)