Choky

Default problem with sheeeety Stratocaster

yo MS,Shiva and other geetah nutzs!
I have problem with one Stratocaster;
they (hehe there are always some They who mess with wrong things) changed
body of mentioned geetah;
after that-noises appears,in fact-buzz and noises;
I opened bloody thing,checked wiring,but I can't find anything wrong:
in fact,I just dismantled all wiring,and wire it again-grounds of pickups
series to MG (main ground at Volume pot body),live ends of pickups to
switch,one series wire from MG to both tone pots,one wire to
whatiz****inwordformetalblockwithholesforstrings? .
nada,nope,nothing,same!
where I can find Stratocaster wiring scheme,both-electronical and visual?
what I'm missing there?
funny-that is not first geetah what I repair,but life is full of fun!!

--
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

Bridge.

I use jack as ground zero, but, I still have problems sometimes ...

Did you clean pots?

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Choky

nuts like always,respond is prompt (including David Boylan via personal
E-mail);
ok. right word is bridge or bridge block-in my language is "most " (bridge)
or "kobilica" (Keel).
if I correct problem,you will not hear again ;
If not-I will cry again ,hehe verry loud!

--
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar

BEAR

Start with the ground and hot going to the jack...

make sure you don't have an intermittant coax.

Hum will come from the strings not being grounded
at the BRIDGE (whatiz****inwordformetalblockwithholesforstrings? .)

You can trouble shoot the thing by turning down the volume
pot(s) and/or switching the pickups... the signal path is
butt simple: pickups- switch- pots- jack. So, just go by elimination
(short it out/switch it out/turn it down) and see where the
source is...

You could be picking up noise - like light dimmers - since
Strats do not have hum bucking pickups...

Some people like to take copper or aluminum adhesive backed foil
and make a nice ground plane and box for the electronics under the
pick guard - reduces the residual noise/hum quite a bit...

In a pinch - wire the pickup direct to a jack and listen...
then there's nothing in the path but the pickup and jack, eh?

And then there is that ratty guitar cord and the wierd amp ur using??
Sure they're ok?

_-_-bear

Choky wrote:

[...]

Fred Nachbaur

Shiva wrote:
"Fred Nachbaur" wrote in message
.. .

Choky wrote:

yo MS,Shiva and other geetah nutzs!
I have problem with one Stratocaster;
they (hehe there are always some They who mess with wrong things)

changed

body of mentioned geetah;
after that-noises appears,in fact-buzz and noises;
I opened bloody thing,checked wiring,but I can't find anything wrong:
in fact,I just dismantled all wiring,and wire it again-grounds of

pickups

series to MG (main ground at Volume pot body),live ends of pickups to
switch,one series wire from MG to both tone pots,one wire to
whatiz****inwordformetalblockwithholesforstrin gs?.
nada,nope,nothing,same!
where I can find Stratocaster wiring scheme,both-electronical and

visual?

what I'm missing there?
funny-that is not first geetah what I repair,but life is full of fun!!

Yo Choky!

Funny you should refer to us as geetah nutzs, you just spelled it wrong,
the answer is at guitarnuts.com!

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/index.html

The stock strat wiring diagram is he
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/stockstrat.html

whatiz****inwordformetalblockwithholesforstrings? .

I call it the bridge block. ;-)

And I second that call...
OT: Ever tried playing single-coils *right* over a subway line? There is
only *one* position (well, 2, if you count 180 off)...

No, can't say that I have. But playing too close to Dogzilla has much
the same effect, thanks to its Humamatic (TM) input-filter choke. ;-)

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Ian Iveson

Careful...the bridge holds the strings up. The saddle (aka bridge
block), stop-bar or tailpiece holds them down.

With plenty guitars the strings are not attached to the bridge
block. Bridge is pretty universal and unambiguous...it does a
similar job to the nut but at the other end. If you order a bridge
block when you want the bit that holds the strings down, you will
get the wrong thing in many cases, but not with a strat.

Is stop-bar right? I have a Gibson-clone violin semi that attaches
the strings to a dedicated block a couple of inches behind the
bridge. My spares catalogue says "stop bar" but has no picture so I
could be wrong.

cheers, Ian

"Choky" wrote in message
nuts like always,respond is prompt (including David Boylan via

personal
E-mail);
ok. right word is bridge or bridge block-in my language is "most "

(bridge)
or "kobilica" (Keel).
if I correct problem,you will not hear again ;
If not-I will cry again ,hehe verry loud!

--
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

Fred Nachbaur

Choky wrote:

nuts like always,respond is prompt (including David Boylan via personal
E-mail);
ok. right word is bridge or bridge block-in my language is "most " (bridge)
or "kobilica" (Keel).
if I correct problem,you will not hear again ;
If not-I will cry again ,hehe verry loud!

.... and with a big BUZZZZZZ on it! ;-)

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Choky

is it redundant to say "TNX" to all ?
)

--
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar

"Choky" wrote in message ...
yo MS,Shiva and other geetah nutzs!

bla bla

kyser

"Ian Iveson" wrote in message

Careful...the bridge holds the strings up. The saddle (aka bridge block),

stop-bar or tailpiece holds them down.

Not quite. The saddles are the individual, adjustable pieces over which the
strings pass (although some earlier Gibson bridges eg
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...or_Bridge.html
are a one piece casting with very limited adjustment for height, and
fore/aft position, and no individual string adjustment whatsoever).

With plenty guitars the strings are not attached to the bridge
block. Bridge is pretty universal and unambiguous...it does a
similar job to the nut but at the other end. If you order a bridge
block when you want the bit that holds the strings down, you will get the

wrong thing in many cases, but not with a strat.

Is stop-bar right? I have a Gibson-clone violin semi that attaches the

strings to a dedicated block a couple of inches behind the bridge. My
spares catalogue says "stop bar" but has no picture so I could be wrong.

See here for pics of the various types.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces.html

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

Bridge holds strings up so they can span across to the nut, or the fret in play

Adjustable saddles are just marketing magic. Seems at least a few guitars with
simple bar across bridge manage to sound OK

My ancient Premier acoustic had the bridge bar lowered by Drew's Violin Shop in
Minneapolis, Minnesota, lo these many years ago. The action is still a delight.

Bought a set of coated strings. They still sound fresh after many months. Who
said it is all downhill?

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead

Ian Iveson

It's reality that's confused, not me. There are two meanings of
saddle. One the bridge sits on, and now little ones that the
strings sit on.

Simplicity gives best tone, as ever. But complexity gives best
accuracy of pitch. Tone wins hands down IMHO.

My coated strings play much better, and for much longer, than I do.

cheers, Ian

Choky

ok,boyz and girlz-problem solved this dayz-alu foil and glue and hum and
buzz and fart is gone )

--
..
Choky

"don't use force,
use a larger hammer"
- ZM
..

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

Tricky bit is getting guitar player to sit still while you glue foil

Happy Ears!
Al

PS KT88 SE back to 80mA/210 volts, tried 100mA/250 volts and sound was less
wonderful, sigh

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Fred Nachbaur

Choky wrote:
ok,boyz and girlz-problem solved this dayz-alu foil and glue and hum and
buzz and fart is gone )

Oh, so it works for guitars also! Ever since I started wearing my
alu-foil hat, all those voices and hum and buzz were gone too. :-p

Nanu-nanu,