TYY

Default Explain Lightpipe to me - AD Converter expandability?

I understand that it is a digital data transfer format. I believe it
can carry 8 individual channels of audio.

I am interested to know more because I am interested in getting an
inexpensive audio interface a la Echo Layla 24 or Delta 1010.

I am leaning towards the Layla because it has lightpipe i/o. I would
like to be able to upgrade later to a better AD converter. Am I
correct that I could add on a standalone AD converter that has
lightpipe out and run it into the layla, which then interfaces with my
computer? I am using sonar on a PC, BTW.

Thanks,

Tyler