Maaaaaaark

Default Is this a tube? - 01K44

That number doesn't fit into the soviet naming convention..

"Jim Kollens" wrote in message
Possibly Russian or eastern block country tube. I seem to be getting the
run-around from a microphone manufacturer. It is difficult to get into

this
mic without some damage but I would like spare tubes. Finally, the tech

at the
firm says he opened one up (he doesn't have a schematic?) and read the

numbers
01K44. I can't find this tube in any of my books. Is this a real tube

number
or have I found an uncooperative manufacturer?

Jim Kollens

Jean-Noel: Are you sure for the "1" number. For me, it's the QC stamp, "OTK"
in
Russian but not the tube label.

What's your microphone ?

That is the number that the tech gave me unless he read it wrong. I find it
extremely bizarre that he doesn't have the documentation and actually would
have to open one of these up. It's a pretty pricey mic (Blue Cactus) and my
fear is that if this is an uncommon tube, in the future the price will have
skyrocketed similar to the VF14 ($1,000). I've got numerous spare of tubes for
all my mics and this is the first time I've bumped into a manufacturer who
wouldn't tell you the tube number. These are magnificent mics but this whole
situation has really soured my feelings toward this manufacturer.
Maaaaaaark

Hello,

Are you sure for the "1" number. For me, it's the QC stamp, "OTK" in
Russian but not the tube label.

of course! i never realized that before. for sure that is just the OTK
stamp. (basically the soviet equivalent of 'quality control passed' )

so now we know this tube is of soviet origin for sure, but we dont know its
number..

i know type '6S31B' (looks more like '6C31b' in cyrillic) was used in some
mics, but there are a few other subminiature USSR made triodes, so search is
not yet complete..

if it is subminiture glass, it will be something in the 6SxxB or 6SxxA class
of tubes.

thats about all i can tell you.. good luck..

Jim Kollens

Jean-Noel: If the microphone was manufactured in Russia or in USSR

The mic is currently being manufactured in Latvia by Blue (Baltic Latvian
Universal Electronics).

Jim Kollens

Jean-Noel: The information comes from the director of Blue technical
department

Some people have all the pull.....

The 6AK5/ EF95 are equivalents for 6Z1P.

Good. I have a bunch of them.

Best regards.

Likewise and thank you much!