jason

Default Kenwood CD player stops working

Hello,

I am having a problem with my Kenwood X659 CD/MP3 player. It will cut
out often when I go over bumps, and the only way to make it come back
is a solid *thwack* to the faceplate. Obviously, this is not an ideal
solution. When the player cuts out, there is no audio and no motion on
the spectrum analyzer, but everything else seems to continue to
function normally (CD keeps playing, play/pause buttons work, etc.).

I have already pulled the unit out and checked for loose connections,
but everything seems fine.

This exact same problem has been described in another thread (search
groups for "kenwood mp819 cd player stops working"), except that my
head unit does not have a motorized faceplate. From the other posts,
it sounds like my faceplate cable might be developing a problem. Does
anyone know how this can be resolved? I'm electronically skilled, and
would like to fix it myself if possible.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason

"jason" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Is this the MASK version? I had a problem with the cable (from the HU to
the faceplate) wearing out. If you are out of warranty its a cheap
self-fix...

jason

"Jason" wrote in message ...
"jason" wrote in message
[...]

No, it's not MASK. However, I have a feeling that there may still be a
problem with the connection between the faceplate and the unit itself.
Do you happen to know what kind of ribon cable the unit uses? I'd
prefer to have the cable on-hand when I go to fix this thing.
Otherwise, I would have to take it apart twice.

- jason
Ampdoc

www.kenwoodparts.com

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"jason" wrote in message
om...
"Jason" wrote in message

"jason" wrote in message
[...]

jason

Awesome! I don't think I would have found that on my own, but it's
exactly what I need. Thanks a million!

- jason

"Ampdoc" wrote in message .. .
www.kenwoodparts.com

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.

jason

Well, I took the HU apart today, and it turns out it doesn't have a
ribon cable. Just a pcb the connects the faceplate to another snap-in
type connecter inside the unit. The connection on the inside had come
loose a bit, so I pushed it back in. I'll have to give it a few days
to make sure, but everything seems to be working fine.

- jason

"Ampdoc" wrote in message .. .
www.kenwoodparts.com

--