MarkW

Default How to mount outdoor speakers-mounting and what wire to use

I was here earlier to ask about which outdoor speakers to go with and
decided on the Boston Acoustics Voyager 3. Anyway, I just received
them and have two questions about mounting.
First, how do most people mount them? I have a brick house and was
going to mount them under the eave for weather protection but as well
the eave is hollow so I'm wondering how I can mount them on the eave
to make it strong enough. Or shoudl I just mount high on the wall into
the brick which I know can be more complicated?
Second, what about wiring? The wire will just simply go through the
wall but for aestetic reasons inside I won't run it up the wall, just
through the wall near the floor so outside the wire will run up the
wall and along the wall about 2 feet for one speaker, 12 feet for the
other. What type of wire should I use? Can I use regular speaker
wire or do I need special outdoor wire?