Mike Rivers

Default Karaoke Revolution

On tonignt's All Things Considered, there was a piece about a computer
game Karaoke Revolution. In addition to being as much fun as you can
have with karaoke (BYOL), it's educational in that you have some
reinforcement to sing well. A crowd cheers if your perfomance is good,
and they boo you if your pitch wanders too far. It was interesting
that the reporter mentioned a few of the pop entertainers that we razz
around here, suggesting that you can be as good as they are.

If you don't hate Real Audio, you can listen to the article he

http://www.npr.org/rundowns/segment.php?wfId=4231892

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Chris Hornbeck

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 04:36:31 GMT, Ben Bradley
wrote:

I heard the story in Really True Broadcast FM, and I feel fortunate
to have done so.

Me too, and it must have subliminally inspired me to re-view
_Lost in Translation_ this evening. Bill Murray's karaoke to
"More Than That" is surprisingly soulful.

It's the dangerous kind of song that we can all *imagine*
that we could sing well....

Chris Hornbeck
"If we gave your unit armor, we'd have to give
it to everybody" -Big Don

what score would William Hung get?

Particle Salad

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

On tonignt's All Things Considered, there was a piece about a computer
game Karaoke Revolution.

I heard the piece... I'm going to buy that game as a family christmas
present, sounds like too much fun.