Patric D'Eimon

Default HEET as DAT head cleaner

A friend of mine just called wanting to borrow my DAT machine to finish
her project. She said the one they were using was showing all sorts of
error messages and sending up messages about it needing a cleaning.

She told me the owner of the Deck was cleaning the heads with HEET! The
gasoline additive, popular here in Alaska for "Drying out" our gas
tanks. I have never heard of this. Does it work? I use lint free
swabs and residue less Electro-wash from and electronics supply house.

Anyone ever hear of using HEET to clean rotary heads/

Patric D'Eimon
Anchorage, AK