Daniel Snooks

Default The progress on my install

Sam Carleton wrote
Thanks! I do expect the results from my hard work to be quite nice.
To date all the work I have done is behind the scenes, but progress
is being made...

The first thing I did about a month ago was to take the doors apart
and Dynamat them. The intent was to also install the 6.5 Boston Pro
Series, but the spacers I got from Crutchfield where too small.
While I debated over who and how to make some MDF spacers, I took
the carpet out and dynamated the driver and front passanger foot
well, or what ever it is called. This I did two weeks ago.

Finally I desided to make the MDF spacers myself, bought what I
needed last week to make them and build them on Saturday/Sunday. I
installed the Boston Pro 6.5 in the drivers door on Sunday and
installed the passanger side last night.

I must admit that it sounds a lot better then the old Monsoon
woofers! I can only imagine what it will sound like once I make the
a-piller pods for the tweeters and 4"!

Of course I am still using the Monsoon headunit and the Monsoon amp.
Then I have to add some amps and a better headunit. Then I am going
to add one or two 12" subs in the spare tire well. The final peice
of the puzzel will be adding the two 8" sub woofers to the dash!

The only thing there is to see right now is a car without any trim
(I have yet to run the wires so I have not put the trim back yet, it
is driving the wife crazygrin). I mounted the 6.5 in the factory
location, so there really isn't anything to see yet. Once I get the
a-piller pod made, I will start to photograph the system and be
posting them on my web site.

For now, I just have the basics about my car, The Outlander, on my
web site:

http://www.miltonstreet.com/scarleto...outlander.html

Sam

Man, you can love your car, just don't LOVE your car grin

but seriously, I am sure all the effort you are expending on researching and
planning will pay off huge for you. BTW I like the MO wheels, will you stick
with 16" or size them up?

Regards,
Dan Snooks

Sam Carleton

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 at 00:27 GMT, Daniel Snooks wrote:
[...]

Dan,

I really don't know what size I am going to opt for right now. I
have considered going with 15" to give it more of an off road look,
but then I also like the idea of going with 17" or 18" to give more
of a sporty look. The rims are the last thing of my To-Do list
right now.

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will
Daniel Snooks

Sam Carleton wrote
Dan,

I really don't know what size I am going to opt for right now. I
have considered going with 15" to give it more of an off road look,
but then I also like the idea of going with 17" or 18" to give more
of a sporty look. The rims are the last thing of my To-Do list
right now.

Sam

A little OT, but if you plan on the odd jaunt over hill and dale to get a
picture of something, you had best stay away from ultra-low profile tires
You won't be too happy finding a dent in one of your shiny new rims.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Daniel Snooks

Sam Carleton wrote
The problem with actually taking The Outlander off road is the lack
of road clearance. I have considered raising it about two inches,
but I do have the tendency to get The Outlander well over the legal
speed limit

Sam

So many decisions that never want to allow for complete satisfaction
I would highly recommend a set of coil-overs. That way you could always
adjust the ride height for special occasions.

I know what you mean by lack of road clearance. My bro's '00 bug had the
optional skirt package, and he tore the small trim pieces off the front (the
ones that hang under the headlamps) just driving down the friggin highway.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks