Posted to rec.audio.tech
David Chapman

Default [?] Continuous recording (24/7) on CF cards

Hi,

Does anyone know of a CF recording system that can record continuously
24/7 ? Let me describe the sort of device that I'm looking for:-

I'm looking for a digital audio recorder that can record absolutely
continuously, possibly for weeks on end, at a very remote location,
using a bank of seven (or maybe more) CF cards.
Timing electronics would automatically switch the recording from one
card to the next in the sequence every 24 hours. If such timing
electronics is not already available, I would design this part of the
system.
Every week or so, the remote location would be visited and all of the
recorded CF cards would be collected and replaced with new ones.

Although it would be very nice to find a complete product that
operates exactly as I have described, I'm not really expecting to find
one but rather to see if anyone has any suggestions about what is
available that I could adapt or configure to do this job.

Radio/wire transmission of the audio from the remote location to a
local recorder is not an option, unfortunately.

Any thoughts anyone ?

TIA - Dave

David C.Chapman - Chartered Engineer. FIEE. )
CHAPMAN ASSOCIATES is a Consultancy offering practical expertise and
design skills in the fields of counter-surveillance, electronic protection
and security. Visit our Web site at http://www.minda.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"David Chapman" wrote ...
I'm looking for a digital audio recorder that can record absolutely
continuously, possibly for weeks on end, at a very remote location,
using a bank of seven (or maybe more) CF cards.

Google returned 264 hits for: logging-recorder flash

I was surprised there were that many as flash memory is
kinda expensive for that application. Most people are still
using tape.