Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default psychological question

Does anybody know if there's a general term for the specific condition of
being unable to see yourself as others see you?

I know a lot of broad syndromes encompass an alienation from reality in
general, including paranoia, schizophrenia, and schizoid-type disorders. My
question isn't focused on the Krooborg, for a change, but on duh-Mikey. The
poor thing keeps prattling about "facts" and "science" and "reality", but if
there's an RAO regular who is more estranged from those concepts, please
tell me who it is. Mickey has repeatedly claimed that Arnii Krooger does not
initiate hostilities. What can one say to such an assertion? He's also
claimed that "most electronics sound the same" and that aBxism is a valid
and useful method of comparing audio gear, but he has zero experience with
aBxism rituals or, in fact, DBTs of any sort. He also claims that despite
knowing about the sameness of most electronics, he was a successful
salesdroid in a retail store. One can only guess which store, but it's a
little hard to accept that Mickey could ever have sold a high-end system to
anybody.

Throughout all these travails, duh-Mikey continues to insist he's right
about everything he says. His argumentativeness, though not atypical among
Usenet addicts, is especially obnoxious because he never hears
counter-arguments and never changes his opinion, no matter how much evidence
is presented to dissuade him.

Yes, I call Mikey the Bug Eater, but that's not the kind of term I'm looking
for. G

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Kalman Rubinson

Anosagnosia.

Kal

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:03:45 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Does anybody know if there's a general term for the specific condition of
being unable to see yourself as others see you?

Being human. Most people don't see themselves the way others do. Take you
for instance.
You are obviously a vile, disgusting excuse for a human being, yet you think
you are humorous.

I know a lot of broad syndromes encompass an alienation from reality in
general, including paranoia, schizophrenia, and schizoid-type disorders.
My
question isn't focused on the Krooborg, for a change, but on duh-Mikey.
The
poor thing keeps prattling about "facts" and "science" and "reality", but
if
there's an RAO regular who is more estranged from those concepts, please
tell me who it is.

OSAF

Mickey has repeatedly claimed that Arnii Krooger does not
initiate hostilities.

Which thread did he start with the intention of attack someone the way you
are doing here?

What can one say to such an assertion?

You could offer some sort of proof.

He's also
claimed that "most electronics sound the same" and that aBxism is a valid
and useful method of comparing audio gear, but he has zero experience with
aBxism rituals or, in fact, DBTs of any sort.

And that is disproven by what data?

He also claims that despite
knowing about the sameness of most electronics, he was a successful
salesdroid in a retail store.

Not a claim, a fact.

One can only guess which store, but it's a
little hard to accept that Mickey could ever have sold a high-end system
anybody.

Yet it happened, proving that you are not quite as good at evaluating people
as you might think.

Throughout all these travails, duh-Mikey continues to insist he's right
about everything he says.

There being no facts offered to prove otherwise, yes. I have on occaison
been shown to be in error and have said so.

His argumentativeness, though not atypical among
Usenet addicts, is especially obnoxious because he never hears
counter-arguments and never changes his opinion, no matter how much
evidence
is presented to dissuade him.

Since there hasn't been much to show otherwise, yes.

Yes, I call Mikey the Bug Eater, but that's not the kind of term I'm
looking
for. G

You call everybody you disagree with some sort of name, especially if they
are correct.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Kalman Rubinson said:

Anosagnosia

Cool!

Did Mickey suffer brain damage?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Powell

"Kalman Rubinson" wrote

Anosagnosia.

No such word in English.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Powell said:

Anosagnosia.

No such word in English.

quack, quack, quack

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default assholalia

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Powell said:

Anosagnosia.

No such word in English.

quack, quack, quack

There most certainly is:
http://www.nazneuropsychology.com/clinicalcorner.htm

However, the literal interpretation is "failure to know the self", relating
to a wide range of perceptual difficulties that do not focus on personality
disorders.

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute

Hi, Kal, long time no see. I hate to tangle with a guy as generally
knowledgeable as you, but surely the spelling generally used today is
anosOgnosia rather than anosAgnosia as you have it. The somewhat
pedantic justification is that the root is the Greek "nosos," disease.

But hey, no big deal if either gets your meaning across. I also think
your version looks better on the eye for the elegant variation of the
"a" rather than the confusing three "o" in a row.

Andre Jute
Hail, shades of Samuel Bosman, Greek master. You did not waste care
spent on "Besporyadok, Crown Prince of Chaos".

"an unbelievably comprehensive web site" -- Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Kalman Rubinson wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Powell

Powell said:

Anosagnosia.

No such word in English.

There most certainly is:
http://www.nazneuropsychology.com/clinicalcorner.htm

Good one. My 2,300 page Webster is out
of date.

Link reference. "One example is anosagnosia,
which is a lack of awareness of one’s own cognitive,
motor or sensory problems."

From Wikipedia: "Anosognosia is a condition
in which a person who suffers disability due
to brain injury, seems unaware of or denies
the existence of their handicap.

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Your "Anosagnosia" is kicking in, Robert

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Is there a subgenre of this affliction that specifies idolatry to ****-gods?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Kalman Rubinson

On 13 Dec 2005 11:40:42 -0800, "Andre Jute" wrote:

Hi, Kal, long time no see. I hate to tangle with a guy as generally
knowledgeable as you, but surely the spelling generally used today is
anosOgnosia rather than anosAgnosia as you have it. The somewhat
pedantic justification is that the root is the Greek "nosos," disease.

But hey, no big deal if either gets your meaning across. I also think
your version looks better on the eye for the elegant variation of the
"a" rather than the confusing three "o" in a row.

Yup. I'm an old stick-in-the-mud who thinks of it along with all the
other agnosias.

Kal
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Robert Morein said:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Is there a subgenre of this affliction that specifies idolatry to
****-gods?

hyperdimensional cranial posterior rectal involution,
a.k.a. "human Klein bottle syndrome", or "brown ring syndrome"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute

Kalman Rubinson wrote:
On 13 Dec 2005 11:40:42 -0800, "Andre Jute" wrote:

Hi, Kal, long time no see. I hate to tangle with a guy as generally
knowledgeable as you, but surely the spelling generally used today is
anosOgnosia rather than anosAgnosia as you have it. The somewhat
pedantic justification is that the root is the Greek "nosos," disease.

But hey, no big deal if either gets your meaning across. I also think
your version looks better on the eye for the elegant variation of the
"a" rather than the confusing three "o" in a row.

Yup. I'm an old stick-in-the-mud who thinks of it along with all the
other agnosias.

Eeeh-yeooow! Let's not open Pandora's Box.

Kal

Andre Jute

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

Andre Jute

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

In .com, Andre Jute
wrote :

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

....and its corollary : pompous, immodest and sterile demonstration of
"culture".

Let me give you this pure French redneck's adage :
"A force de vouloir peter trop haut
le cul prend la place du cerveau".

:-D

--
"Nobody seemes to have actaully read what i wrote.
But what's new around here?"

Dave Weil, Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:57:15

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
west

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, Kal, long time no see. I hate to tangle with a guy as generally
knowledgeable as you, but surely the spelling generally used today is
anosOgnosia rather than anosAgnosia as you have it. The somewhat
pedantic justification is that the root is the Greek "nosos," disease.

But hey, no big deal if either gets your meaning across. I also think
your version looks better on the eye for the elegant variation of the
"a" rather than the confusing three "o" in a row.

Andre Jute
Hail, shades of Samuel Bosman, Greek master. You did not waste care
spent on "Besporyadok, Crown Prince of Chaos".

"an unbelievably comprehensive web site" -- Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Kalman Rubinson wrote:
Anosagnosia.

Kal

Does anybody know if there's a general term for the specific condition

of
being unable to see yourself as others see you?

snip

Have you considered "Invincibly Ignorant?"

west

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute

west wrote:
George Middius wrote:
Does anybody know if there's a general term for the specific condition

of
being unable to see yourself as others see you?

snip

Have you considered "Invincibly Ignorant?"

west

Hee-ho! I think this side of the Atlantic "incorrigible" has the same
legal meaning as the Stateside version, "three strikes and it's life".
RAO must have done something collecively appalling to be punished with
so many three-strikers. We on RAT are of course innocent victims who
cannot understand why we have been punished with even two
three-strikers (Yaeger and Ludwig). Hell, we have done nothing to
deserve even the half-striker Poopie the Bear of Very Little Brain.

Andre Jute

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

Andre Jute

How long have you been so afflicted?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Nyobe, Queen of STD, wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

Andre Jute

How long have you been so afflicted?

But, my dear Nyobe, my very own Echolabia, if I were afflicted, you
would speak at all. After all, the stubborn ignorance referred to is
yours, not mine.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nyobe, Queen of STD, wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

Andre Jute

How long have you been so afflicted?

But, my dear Nyobe, my very own Echolabia, if I were afflicted, you
would speak at all. After all, the stubborn ignorance referred to is
yours, not mine.

You dignify "Nyob" by referring to him as a human being.
mikey mckelviphibian is actually the sole surviving specimen of an ancient
genus closely related to the coelcanth.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default mikey the audio retard

ink.net...

wrote in message ...

[...]

No, especially if they are stupid and worthless. You, mikey mckelviphibian,
are the poster child of audio retards.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nyobe, Queen of STD, wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

Andre Jute

How long have you been so afflicted?

But, my dear Nyobe, my very own Echolabia, if I were afflicted, you
would speak at all. After all, the stubborn ignorance referred to is
yours, not mine.

So you're terminal then?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

wrote in message
news

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nyobe, Queen of STD, wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

Andre Jute

How long have you been so afflicted?

But, my dear Nyobe, my very own Echolabia, if I were afflicted, you
would speak at all. After all, the stubborn ignorance referred to is
yours, not mine.

So you're terminal then?
If terminal means living the remainder of one's life with zero
opportunities, or potential for self improvement, Mikey is the poster child
of such unhappy stasis.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

Robert Morein wrote:
wrote in message
news

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nyobe, Queen of STD, wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

The correct, clinical term is "assholalia".

Assholalia is the condition of a flapping fundamental orifice, in the
vernacular "talking through your ass". It is a condition almost
invariably coincident with stubborn ignorance.

Andre Jute

How long have you been so afflicted?

But, my dear Nyobe, my very own Echolabia, if I were afflicted, you
would speak at all. After all, the stubborn ignorance referred to is
yours, not mine.

So you're terminal then?

If terminal means living the remainder of one's life with zero
opportunities, or potential for self improvement, Mikey is the poster child
of such unhappy stasis.

Yeah, we know that's not you, right Bob? I mean you've got a new roof
coming and thats something.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
wrote in message
news

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nyobe, Queen of STD, wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:

[...]

Bob's another one of those guys who does a lot of projecting.