Doug Schultz

Default Goodbye group

used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Doug

Don Pearce

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:16:23 GMT, "Doug Schultz"
wrote:

used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Doug

Well, you've barely posted anything this year, so I don't suppose too
many will notice.

And by the way, there is really no need for these hammy histrionics -
just unsubscribe in your news reader.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
mick

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:16:23 +0000, Doug Schultz wrote:

used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

I'm sure that I speak for many others when I say that we don't want to
lose you - or anyone capable of sensible discussion. However, if you
happen to find somewhere on the internet that doesn't suffer from
"bickering and BS" please let me know! ;-)

Cheers...

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )

300B

For those who don't care if one more person leaves, no man really is an
island. Hate to be corny, but we are the sum of our parts. I lurk to learn
and post what little I know that may be of help to someone. However, I am
reluctant to post more, because of the sniping and mean spirited things some
in this group are prone to.
I hate to use the "can't we all get along" diatribe, but can't some here
stick to tubes and not to personal attacks?
I'm sure someone will flame me for being a cornball, but I actually do come
here to learn from the many, not to hear the vitriol and venom of a few.
Said my piece, peace. Thanks to those of you who share.
DS
--
David Stanard
Silver Circle Audio
"Doug Schultz" wrote in message
used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least

seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Doug

robert casey

I'm sure that I speak for many others when I say that we don't want to
lose you - or anyone capable of sensible discussion. However, if you
happen to find somewhere on the internet that doesn't suffer from
"bickering and BS" please let me know! ;-)

Gotta have a thick skin to play in this sandbox...

Cheers...

Try http://www.audiokarma.org for significantly less
flamage.

Andy Evans

Well, you've barely posted anything this year, so I don't suppose too
many will notice

It's hard to notice anything with so much bull**** filling threads.

And by the way, there is really no need for these hammy histrionics -

As opposed to the hammy histrionics of the usual bull****ters, you
mean?

Andy Evans

I hate to use the "can't we all get along" diatribe, but can't some
here
stick to tubes and not to personal attacks?

I don't know if you've noticed but a crowd of people came over from
UKRA simply to post personal attacks - they know little about tubes and
have no intention of learning any more than they need to make fun of
those that use them seriously.

Phil Allison

"mick"
Doug Schultz wrote:

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

I'm sure that I speak for many others when I say that we don't want to
lose you - or anyone capable of sensible discussion.

** How dare you say that !!

YOU are a MONSTROUS HYPOCRITE !!!!

YOU are someone incapable of SENSIBLE discussion !!!!!

YOU abuse your betters and pour **** on the simple truth.

However, if you
happen to find somewhere on the internet that doesn't suffer from
"bickering and BS" please let me know! ;-)

** So you can go there a **** it right up - right ??

Cheers...

** Go choke - arsehole.

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )

** Puke

................... Phil

Phil Allison

"300B" wrote in message
For those who don't care if one more person leaves, no man really is an
island. Hate to be corny, but we are the sum of our parts. I lurk to
learn
and post what little I know that may be of help to someone. However, I am
reluctant to post more, because of the sniping and mean spirited things
some
in this group are prone to.
I hate to use the "can't we all get along" diatribe, but can't some here
stick to tubes and not to personal attacks?
I'm sure someone will flame me for being a cornball, but I actually do
come
here to learn from the many, not to hear the vitriol and venom of a few.
Said my piece, peace. Thanks to those of you who share.
DS

** Why are you top posting ?????????????

That is the mark of an asshole.

.............. Phil

--
David Stanard
Silver Circle Audio
Tel: 281 870 8272
Fax: 281 870 8846
Mobile: 832 656 7730
www.silvercircleaudio.com
"Doug Schultz" wrote in message
used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least

seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Doug

Bob

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:39:22 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"300B" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

So Poop-lips shows up to attack a guy complaining about dirty ****ers ruining
the news groups!!!

P E R F E C T !!!!!!

Philthy Alishole the blunder from down under really comes through!!!

**** THE **** OFF ALICEHOLE!!! NO BODY WANTS YOU HERE!!!

**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!

Bob

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:28:07 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"mick"
Doug Schultz wrote:

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

I'm sure that I speak for many others when I say that we don't want to
lose you - or anyone capable of sensible discussion.

** How dare you say that !!

He can say what he wants on a newsgroup, you ****ing dumbass!

YOU are a MONSTROUS HYPOCRITE !!!!

Pot calling the kettle black!!

YOU are someone incapable of SENSIBLE discussion !!!!!

You mean YOURSELF, asshole!

YOU abuse your betters and pour **** on the simple truth.

You mean YOURSELF, asshole!

However, if you
happen to find somewhere on the internet that doesn't suffer from
"bickering and BS" please let me know! ;-)

** So you can go there a **** it right up - right ??

Like you did??

Cheers...

** Go choke - arsehole.

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )

** Puke

.................. Phil

**** THE **** OFF ALICEHOLE!!! NO BODY WANTS YOU HERE!!!

**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!!
Phil Allison

"Bob"

**** THE **** OFF ALICEHOLE!!! NO BODY WANTS YOU HERE!!!

**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!

** See what I mean.

............ Phil

Phil Allison

"Bob"

** Bob - go take your medication.

YOU are not sane.

.............. Phil

west

Why don't we call a spade a spade? If my memory serves me correctly this
group was running fairly smooth. It had a few warts, but nothing serious.
However, if you go back in the archives, you will notice that Phil Allison
came here a while back from a long absence and started to personally attack
Patrick and may he rest in peace, Fred N. Then he attacked anyone who
inadvertently exposed themselves. This particular type of thread has aroused
him, and I wouldn't be surprised if the arousal isn't sexual in content.
Yes, he obviously needs to get people angry at him while probably
masturbating. Preposterous? I wonder. There are many sick souls in the world
like Phil, unfortunately one of them moved into this neighborhood. What can
you do, heal the whole world? I know he will attempt to lash back at me, but
the words of the insane don't mean anything to me. So Doug, don't give the
source of the poison a victory (what did he post 4 or 5 times in this thread
from the excitement?) unless of course, you're soliciting sympathy. Stay, we
could use you.
west

"Doug Schultz" wrote in message
used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least

seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Doug

EC

Microphonics aside, them tube dampeners really DO cut down hammy
histrionics...

And by the way, there is really no need for these hammy histrionics -

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:32:43 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"west" = a criminal, lying asshole.

Why don't we call a spade a spade?

** OK - you are a spade and an asshole.

Phil Allison
snip

Phil dear please be good.
I'm trying hard to get you a good job.
Love Mummy...

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:13:37 GMT, "Rio sound & vision"
wrote:

Greetings all,

We at Rio Sound & Vision are looking for a full time sales person. They must
be eager to learn and have a good handle on home cinema and Hi-Fi. You will
not need to know the full workings of the brands we sell, as we can train
the right person for the job. We carry brands such as B&W, Harman / Kardon,
Yamaha, Boston, M&K, Adcom, Celestion, Toshiba Etc...

If you think you are up to the task and are looking for a new and
exciting career in a fantastic field, email, fax or mail your resume to the
below address. We are based in Melbourne by the way.

Kind Regards

Rio Sound & Vision

Rio Sound & Vision

414 St. Georges Rd
Thornbury 3071
PH: 9416 9943
Fax: 9416 9272
Email:

Dear Mr. Rio,

I think it's about time my boy Philip had a real job. He's been
running a
muck since he moved to Sydney and I'm sure that cramped and damp
little
bed-sit flat isn't doing him any good either. He doesn't have any
friends
up there and a job in Melbourne would mean he can come and live closer
his mum where I can keep an eye on him.

Phillip says he's an expert on hi-fi. He's got one of those CD
thingies he
bought back in 1983 which he still uses, built his own speakers from a
kit
and he uses an amplifier he fixed up after collecting it from the
verge
throw out a couple of years ago. I noticed in your advertisement that
you
will offer to train him. Just as well, because just between me and
you I
think he has a bit of catching up to do.

He writes to me every so often and says his toaster fixing business
isn't
doing too well so I'm hoping you might consider giving my boy a job in
your
store. He isn't too keen on that HT stuff but I'm sure you will bring
him
to his senses sooner of later. He doesn't have good people skills
even
though he has frequently said "...all my posts are brilliant examples
of
communication, either on some technical point related to hi-fi..... ".
Perhaps you can find him a job keeping the storeroom tidy where no one
will
hear him swearing?

I hope you don't sell Quad speakers. Philip isn't very good at those.
couple of years back he bought a pair while I was up visiting him in
his
Sydney bed-sit. Within hours of getting them home he was taking one
of them
apart with a screwdriver. There was this terrible sparking and a
small puff
of smoke came out of the back of one of them. Frightened the hell out
of
me. It didn't work after that. Philip assured me the speaker must
have been
faulty and was going to take them back first thing next week and
demand his
money back.

Now I know my Philip is devoted to his work. He's never been married
and
doesn't have a girlfriend, although I'm not completely sure of that,
as
there was a pink tutu hanging in his wardrobe along with some red
glitter
stiletto shoes. Anyhow Philip has never mentioned her and I surely
have not
been introduced.

Philip's Education:
Catholic schooling
4 years of Latin 1
University drop out.

Please, please, please give my Philip a meaningful job. Heaven knows
he
needs the money and a way to usefully occupy his time.
you can reach him on 02 9799 8242

Sincerely,

Mrs. Allison (Phil's mum).

Stewart Pinkerton

On 5 Apr 2005 16:11:20 -0700, "Andy Evans"
wrote:

I hate to use the "can't we all get along" diatribe, but can't some
here
stick to tubes and not to personal attacks?

I don't know if you've noticed but a crowd of people came over from
UKRA simply to post personal attacks - they know little about tubes and
have no intention of learning any more than they need to make fun of
those that use them seriously.

Which 'crowd of people' would that be, Andy? Have you changed your
meds recently? BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.

Andy Evans

Dear Mr. Rio, I think it's about time my boy Philip had a real job.
He's been
running a muck since he moved to Sydney..........

That's the funniest thing I've read on this newsgroup since 1837.

Gregg

Behold, Doug Schultz scribed on tube chassis:

used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group but
lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here. there is nothing
but bickering and BS I personally am not interested so off I go to
someplace that at least seems sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Doug

Hail and farewell buddy!

I still owe you a coffee ;-)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Patrick Turner

Phil Allison wrote:

"west" = a criminal, lying asshole.

Why don't we call a spade a spade?

** OK - you are a spade and an asshole.

If my memory serves me correctly

** Your memory is both wrong as selective.

this group was running fairly smooth.

** It was dominated by a few dangerous and demented lunatics.

It had a few warts, but nothing serious.

** It was dominated by a few dangerous and demented lunatics - like you.

However, if you go back in the archives, you will notice that Phil Allison
came here a while back from a long absence and started to personally
attack
Patrick and may he rest in peace, Fred N

** The reverse happened.

1. Patrick Turner posted a pile of insane personal libel including criminal
death threat against me.

About two years ago, at aus.hi-fi, you went after me like a madman
and in your most fervantly obscene and flamboyant style,
unjustifiably vilified me and my business.

I eventually responded by saying that I wouldn't cry a single tear
if someone did you in, and I won't repeat how
they may have done it this time.
Since then you've told me to get cancer and die, and do umpteen
other unlikely things, but then is there are single person who has not
got a dose of your unwarranted vitriol?

2. After getting legal advice I wrote him a stiffly worded warning and sent
it by registered mail to his address.

I still have the letter, and as i said at the time, any of your threatened legal
action
would have been seen as a frivoulous action, and thrown out of court.
I invited you to have me arrested, and dealt with, but I guess your lawyer
wasn't so keen and no doubt the NSW and ACT police
would have not cared a hoot about someone's Internet hissy fit tantrum such as
the kind you perpetuate when someone refuses to agree with you,
or understand you because your explanation isn't deep enough,
or well enough constructed..

I have all the evidence of your posts previous to that time and
the most liberal judge would not fail to be appalled by the
verbal menacing that you can repeatedly dish out so
profusely.

I have of course become immune to your attacks, they are just your little way
of venting your frustrations, just hot air, and its amazing
your ears can hear any hi-fi, since you'd think they'd be scalded
from the steam coming out :-))

3. The lying turd then tried to pretend he was the injured party !!!!

I was the injured party.

You started the blue.

Then he attacked anyone who inadvertently exposed themselves.

** After seeing Patrick Turner's criminal libel and death threat others
here ( all the Turneriods **** heads like you) decided I must be fair game.
Even Fred N was sucked into it.

Well because you are so bad mannered, you have become the laughing stock
of all the news groups you visit.

And I don't believe that I have ever issued anything
consisting of quote "..criminal libel and death threat others here.."
If you felt terrified by what I felt had to say, then too bad, you asked for it.

But the worst of what I have ever said to you was just the way I felt.
Have I ever really threatened your life?
Everybody including me thinks your'e not worth the trouble.

If I were you I would calm down, and not concern yourself with
past disagreements, and try to be a little more considerate
of how others might feel when called criminals et all.

You simply will never ever win arguments the way you attempt to.

To win where you lose now means that you could consider limiting yourself to
detailed
but not insulting debate on issues you know you get people to see your point,
and be informed. They just might start to respect you, but you train ppl
to hate you before they have heard what sense might lurk behind what you say.
I know you have much electronic knowledge, but its your angst which
gets in your own way.
You are your own worst enemy.

Meanwhile, It was a truly glorious autumn day here
in Canberra, and the american oaks lining both sides of my street
are resplendant in the season's colours.
I look forward to future discussions about electronic matters with all who come
to the group
in peace, and not to throw brick bats at us, and preferably without the threat
of needless vilification.

Patrick Turner.

( Snip rest of your sickening, criminal garbage. )

Vile scumbagd like "west" are what is destroying usenet.

................ Phil

tubesforall

wrote:

meds recently? BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.

Which of course is why you spend so much time posting to this group.
It's part of your philathropic effort to purge the universe of tubes.

On 6 Apr 2005 03:19:07 -0700, "Andy Evans"
wrote:

Dear Mr. Rio, I think it's about time my boy Philip had a real job.
He's been
running a muck since he moved to Sydney..........

That's the funniest thing I've read on this newsgroup since 1837.

and the funniest thing is that it's all true!!
TT

wrote in message : Sincerely,
:
snippo Phil a job.

: Mrs. Allison (Phil's mum).
:
Perhaps Miss (obviously) Allison you could get Phil a job
where you work. Aren't you currently involved with some
sort of Porcine Husbandry? I am led to believe that you
actually gather the "Pig's Ejaculate" (one condom at a time)
for AI purposes. I do offer my condolences on that fateful
day nearly 60 years ago where one was punctured but life
does goes on. So perhaps with Phil's various skills and
attributes he could be trained to take over from you.
Although he would have to be told to stop letting the Pigs
take the condoms off and using his mouth - very un-hygienic.

Phil really needs a full time job instead of spending his
entire life harassing very nice people on news groups. You
really should try harder to channel his skills or perhaps
increase his medication. If all else fails and you really
can't find anyone that desperate enough to hire Phil perhaps
you could seek a "Tourette's Syndrome" support group for
him.

All the best, TT

Bob

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:28:10 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"Bob"

**** THE **** OFF ALICEHOLE!!! NO BODY WANTS YOU HERE!!!

**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!

** See what I mean.

........... Phil

So why does everybody agree with this?

**** THE **** OFF ALICEHOLE!!! NO BODY WANTS YOU HERE!!!

**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!
**** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! **** OFF!!!! ****
OFF!!!!

This was a nice place til the cat dragged you in...

Go away....
Bob

Hey Patrick...

You seem like a nice enough guy... why do you waste your time with that
psycho-troll?

Maybe he'd go away if we all ignore him...

Repeat after me - ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's
posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts...
ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore
Phil's posts...

Make it your mantra !

The only thing you're ever going to get from Philthy is bad Karma...

And you DON'T want a ****load of bad karma when you're working on tube circuits!

Pour les parleurs de la Francais ici, repeatez apres moi :

ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore
Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's
posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts... ignore Phil's posts...

And in Spanish... oh well.... Donde esta castle de pepe or something like
that... never mind...

You know, Phil... if you were in my house right now, I'd grab one of my Japanese
ceremonial swords, and cut your ugly head off...

Then I'd stick it up on a pike in my garden, both to amuse the squirrels, and
for the crows to sit on... ( ha I bet you thought I'd say **** on!!! )

Then one morning as I walked by, I'd gaze up at your lifeless eyes, and wave...

Like this...

Tra la la.... tra la la

Bob
The insane
dizzy

wrote:

used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Just plonk that headcase asshole Andre Jute and it would be fine.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:27:42 -0700, "tubesforall"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .

BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.

Which of course is why you spend so much time posting to this group.
It's part of your philathropic effort to purge the universe of tubes.

Oh no, tubes are still very useful in many applications. I am trying
to purge the universe of misinformation and false claims.

Patrick Turner

Bob wrote:

Hey Patrick...

You seem like a nice enough guy... why do you waste your time with that
psycho-troll?

Maybe he'd go away if we all ignore him...

He never has ever gone away when i have ignored him.

I do try to convey some friendly, even stern suggestions, even to Phil,
who has a spark of intelligence, but who also so often stifles
any attempt at being a true luminary for want of better manners.
I note your recommendations below, and I keep them in mind...

Patrick Turner.

[...]

west

I had to modify the subject line since no gentlemen took the initiative.
Although the subject line might have some truth to it, It's a tad
disconcerting to see your name and Ass**** emblazoned repeatedly in the
annals or anals of Rat posts.
Cordially,
west

[...]

cowboy

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote
BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.

statement like that make you the laughing stock of the audio world

in high-end audio, no one uses anything BUT tubes *seriously* for audio

solid state is great...............for a Sony Walkman or an Ipod!

IDIOT

Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:38:51 -0400, "cowboy"
cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote
BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.

statement like that make you the laughing stock of the audio world

Takes one to know one............... :-)

in high-end audio, no one uses anything BUT tubes *seriously* for audio

You gave yourself away right there, asshole. So-called 'High end'
audio ain't serious about audio.................

BTW, ever heard of Jeff Rowland, or Spectral, or Mark Levinson, or
even Krell? No hollow-state **** there, dude!

solid state is great...............for a Sony Walkman or an Ipod!

Yup, and it's also great if you *really* want to hear what the master
tape sounded like.

Mind you, it's only a matter of time before some 'high-end' cretin
brings out an 'ultrafidelista' tubed Walkman or IPod..............

IDIOT

That's your signature line, is it?

Ruud Broens

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:38:51 -0400, "cowboy"
: cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:
:
: "Stewart Pinkerton" wrote
: BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.
:
: statement like that make you the laughing stock of the audio world
:
: Takes one to know one............... :-)
:
: in high-end audio, no one uses anything BUT tubes *seriously* for audio
:
: You gave yourself away right there, asshole. So-called 'High end'
: audio ain't serious about audio.................

just 4 minutes before, Pinkerton posted:
"Shame that clowns like you and Jute have to get personal when your
bull**** is exposed."

: IDIOT
:
: That's your signature line, is it?: --
:
: Stewart Pinkerton : self-exposing

Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 21:22:36 +0200, "Ruud Broens"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .
: On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:38:51 -0400, "cowboy"
: cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:
:
: "Stewart Pinkerton" wrote
: BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.
:
: statement like that make you the laughing stock of the audio world
:
: Takes one to know one............... :-)
:
: in high-end audio, no one uses anything BUT tubes *seriously* for audio
:
: You gave yourself away right there, asshole. So-called 'High end'
: audio ain't serious about audio.................

just 4 minutes before, Pinkerton posted:
"Shame that clowns like you and Jute have to get personal when your
bull**** is exposed."

Indeed, but flame wars with Cowboy are fun! :-)

: IDIOT
:
: That's your signature line, is it?: --
:
: Stewart Pinkerton : self-exposing

Nah, that would be illegal.............. :-)

Iain M Churches

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.

That's a pretty malevolent post on a tube audio
group:-(((

I am just making up a customs carnet for a
concert recording project.

The equipment list includes:
16 pcs Studer D19 mic pre-amps (valve)
8 pcs Neumann type 49 microphones (valve)
4 pcs Neumann type 50 microphone (valve)
6 Altec compressors (valve)
1 Studer J37 1" analogue recorder (valve)
Radford STA100 monitor amp (valve)

I would say that was *serious* use of tubes for
audio.

Iain

Iain M Churches

wrote:

used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least
seems
sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Just plonk that headcase asshole Andre Jute and it would be fine.

Hi Dizzy,

Several years ago, I was building a psu for a valve/tube power amp,
and needed some information about psu ripple. I posted a question
on RAT. People were very helpful, but I still did not understand the
matter fully.

Andre wrote a spreadsheet in Excel, and, because my e-mail connection
was then a slow dial up with limited down-load possibilities, he posted
the diskette to me by ordinary mail. He would not accept recompense for
his time, or even allow me to pay for the diskette and postage.

Do you think that Andre Jute's adversary Oinkie would ever help
any of us out like that? Not on your sweet life!! The sole reason for his
presence on RAT is to be as unpleasant as possible to those
genuinely interested in valve/tube audio.

If you are looking for the root cause of the problem in this NG, you are,
in my view, looking in the wrong direction

Cordially,

Iain

Iain M Churches

"Doug Schultz" wrote in message
used to come here quite a bit and learned alot from this group
but lately there is nothing of any value whatsoever here.
there is nothing but bickering and BS
I personally am not interested so off I go to someplace that at least
seems sane.

Too bad really this used to be a very informative group.

Sorry to read the above, Doug.
The departure of anyone who has a genuine interest in
valve/tube audio is a loss to the whole group.

There seems to have been a small influx of people
who have not the slightest interest in matters thermionic
but have come here to tell us how superior their boring
SS amps are.

It will get better.

Iain