bugsfix

Default Remove Back Door Panels 99 Ford Ranger

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how to remove
the door panels for the back doors in a 1999 ford ranger extended cab
truck.. i was able to remove the front door panels and install my new
speakes.. for the back doors though i dont see any screws or anything
to take the panel off.. Thanks

Godfrey Muganda

Try looking at one of those Haynes auto repair manuals. They usually detail
procedures for removing panels of doors. Check your local autozone store or
even your local public library.

Unless of course, someone on the forum knows how to do it..

"bugsfix" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how to remove
the door panels for the back doors in a 1999 ford ranger extended cab
truck.. i was able to remove the front door panels and install my new
speakes.. for the back doors though i dont see any screws or anything
to take the panel off.. Thanks

bugsfix

well i looked at some books and it only tells how to remove the front
door panel not the back door panel

Jay Stranahan

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how to remove
the door panels for the back doors in a 1999 ford ranger extended cab
truck.. i was able to remove the front door panels and install my new
speakes.. for the back doors though i dont see any screws or anything
to take the panel off.. Thanks

Oh, God....

Okay. Get this. Your front doors are held on by a rather sensible
arrangement of screws and clamps and come off in two minutes, provided you
have the proper tools. The *rear* doors, on the other hand, are held on by
about 20 little serrated plastic nylon pins, and must be PRIED off with a
special tool looking like a chrome-plated spatula. You can order it he

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-igCkGs9...764&I=18187650

At least two or three of these pins will bust off, no matter how careful
you are. You can only get new ones from your local Ford dealer, apparently.
Putting the door panels back on involves just as much scrunching, sweating,
and swearing as it did getting them off, and you will have to run your hand
all over the panel and push to make certain the surviving pins are as
deeply seated as they can be -- which will be difficult, seeing as how the
process of removal totally thrashes the serrated part and allows the panel
to buzz annoyingly at certain bass frequencies.

I found all of this out installing a pair of Blaupunkt 2-ways back there,
and as far as I am concerned they can stay there until the heat death of
the universe. I plan on installing a good set of components up front, and
will shift the volume level to favor them, leaving the rear pair to provide
a bit of back fill. You have set yourself a task. Good luck.

FasDeth

"Jay Stranahan" wrote in message
[...]

I do Auto/Marine Upholstery for a living(cough).. I use
http://www.mactools.com/ProductDetai...?ItemNum=UT12S . The UT4 is the
one I use the most but didn't see it on the site.
It has a lot more leverage and a smaller footprint.. Wrap the back with a
piece of vinyl or leather to keep from scratching the paint.
Yeah,the door clips are not really designed to be reused but can be if your
careful. Wrap a little 'strip caulk' around the clip before reinstlling the
panel works wonders. But its always a good idea to order a few before you do
this.. .And if you running any kind of power, this might be good time to
damp the insides of the panels as well..

FasDeth