samb

Default Hilfonics (cheap?)

Is this $200 Hilfonics-Zeus ZX6400 comparable to, for example, MTX
Thunder564, same web price. With the other words, is $200 amp always
more or less $200 worth, independent of brand name, even Hilfonics? Can
you compare those like cars. Like Honda Accord LX and Dodge Stratus
(cost abut the same).
http://www.thezeb.com/p-Hifonics-ZX6...ier-101746.htm

samb

Sorry for misspelling. No wonder I never found their website.

samb

Sorry for misspelling. It is no wonder I couldn't find their website.

MZ

I seem to recall their website being hard to find even if you knew the
spelling. At one point a while back, they changed websites or something
so that a porn site took up their vacancy. People doing web searches for
Hifonics were then led to...well...something other than car audio.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2005, samb wrote:

Sorry for misspelling. No wonder I never found their website.

f-onefity

uhm well your questions are kind of a jumble, but i think that amp is
worth 200 bucks. ive used the 2 channel brother zx6000(2 of them),
great results.

--
f-onefity
f-onefity's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25205

samb

Well, I can't see my original post, but anyway, I'm trying to get
"affordable" system. For $200 I still can buy decent 4 channel amp
(Right?) Now I have 10 Inch free air subwoofer mounted on the wall I
made on back seats construction. It is 100% sealed and isolated from
trunk. The whole car is dynamated. I tried the sub with Audiobahn
A4002T 2ch amp bridged and it sounded very clean and loud enough to me.
Now I need help choosing 2 or 4 channel amp. 2x100 or 4x50W @ 4Ohm
would be enough power to drive pair of component speakers, probably
Polks db6500. I found Hifonics Zeus ZX6400 for $209. Can somebody
recommend any other similar amp with these specifications? Can I spend
even less and get similar result?
Thank you

matt98761

Found it....

http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/

I guess this company owns a few other car audio names...Matt