Steve Winwood

Default Mo Equipment Mo Problems

Car audio can be one of the most frustrating roads that one chooses to
travel. Without a hefty budget it just seems that I can't win. I was
out of the scene for a few years, but I am slowly coming around again
and already am having problems.

I have an Alpine 9813 and Infinity Referance 6.5's in my 96 Chevy S10.
I had Circuit City install these for me last summer. The sound was
horribly treblely (headachey/tinny) I had to adjust the EQ treble bands
to the bottom which made listening a bit more tolerable, but it still
sounds awful when I turn it up loud.

Recently I added a Sirius Tuner to the Alpine. I wanted to get the
sound fixed, so I took my truck to a few local shops and they really
had no clue what the problem would be. The speakers don't appear to be
out of phase (there is still bass). Two shops said something was
definately wrong and suggested taking it back to circuit city. Those
greasy idiots told me that the infinitys are supposed to sound like
that. Could my head unit have a defect? How would any of you trouble
shoot this problem?

If the alpine is the problem and I need to replace it does anyone have
a suggestion on a head unit that can display the full artist and song
name on the screen?

Thanks in advance

HU using Sirius Tuner can't display full artist and song name on your
HU screen. Only MP3 player on HU do.

The horrible sound is a matter of not good speaker or your speaker
can't
handle today Hip-Hop sound. Not all speaker today can handle extra low
bass sound of Hip-Hop

robert

I think I would try some different speakers and see how they sound. Is
there an amp involved? Try some of the different x-over settings maybe?
They shouls have a high pass x-over on themn at about 200hz. Mark

Steve Winwood wrote:
[...]

mightymouse68

I've owned an Alpine CDA-9830 for about 4 months and I still can't seem
to get it dialed in. My old Pioneer HU sounded pretty good with just
about every type of music but so far I've gotten this Alpine to sound
good with only a few of my CDs. Also, you didn't mention if you had
coaxials or seperates so I'm not sure if you can do this or not but you
may want to install the tweeters off axis if they aren't already.
Another possible solution would be to power these speakers with an
amplifier. Infinity speakers (and most others) tend to sound horrible
when fed with HU power.

mark

wow you really are a complete idiot, not only does the sh*t outta ur mouth
make no sense. but that didnt even attempt to answer the guys friggin
problem.

as for the speakers.. did u physically inspect them at all? check for loose
wires, i had that problem once and I found that the wires werent properly
connected at all

wrote in message
oups.com...

HU using Sirius Tuner can't display full artist and song name on your
HU screen. Only MP3 player on HU do.

The horrible sound is a matter of not good speaker or your speaker
can't
handle today Hip-Hop sound. Not all speaker today can handle extra low
bass sound of Hip-Hop

Infinity's need to be used in conjunction with a sub. The bass response
isn't that great. The highs are probably harsh because you aren't
putting enough power to them. Infinity's need to be overpowered, but at
the same time be careful not to abuse them. When you put enough power
to them the highs will sound great. If a beefier amp isn't within your
budget, I would go with speakers with a lower RMS power handling.

Amen MZ. I knew a guy who worked there, even he said they did a crappy
job.