Christopher Glaeser

Default replacing a Bose radio

The Bose radio in my 1990 Maxima no longer works. It's our extra vehicle
and we rarely drive that car, so I'd like to replace the radio without
spending too much money. I'd replace it with any brand car radio on sale,
but I'm told that Bose uses 2 ohm speakers and I'd have to replace much more
than the radio if going to 4 ohm radio. Perhaps the easiest solution is to
get a new Bose radio, but I'm not sure where to purchase one. Any
suggestions on how to proceed? Are there inexpensive radios that are
compatible with the Bose speakers?

Best,
Christopher

Jeff

"Kevin McMurtrie" wrote in message
"Christopher Glaeser" wrote:

The Bose radio in my 1990 Maxima no longer works. It's our extra vehicle
and we rarely drive that car, so I'd like to replace the radio without
spending too much money. I'd replace it with any brand car radio on

sale,
but I'm told that Bose uses 2 ohm speakers and I'd have to replace much

more
than the radio if going to 4 ohm radio. Perhaps the easiest solution is

get a new Bose radio, but I'm not sure where to purchase one. Any
suggestions on how to proceed? Are there inexpensive radios that are
compatible with the Bose speakers?

Best,
Christopher

Your speakers are probably rotted. They usually last for 3 to 6 years,
maybe 10 years if the car is in a garage the whole time. Replacing the
whole thing with standard equipment isn't a bad idea right now.

Cloth surround or paper cone rot is not common or
likley unless the vehicle has been swimming.
Jeff