Ere

Default is there a standard voltage rating for signal input to an amp?

Re. my project to retrofurbish the original AM Philco radio in my '69
Mustang to a modern HU with AM/FM tuner, CD line in, and pre-amp outs:
the radio guy who did the conversion did not match the signal levels
between the radio and the CD input. The CD is much lower in level
than the radio, when I switch between them and leave the volume level
alone.

I am for now using the line level out on a CD walkman for the CD
input. He is taking the unit back for other fixes and modifications
and said he would look at matching the output from both sources. What
would be a typical level to set them at, and is the signal from the
walkman relatively weaker to start with and thus accounting for the
difference?

thanks for your thoughts,
Ken