Sam Carleton

Default Think i have my system setup picked out, need last minute advise tho

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 at 15:52 GMT, Uneek504 wrote:

I'm thinking of getting 2 12" ED'O's and avionixx AXT 800.2 to go
with it

Heres the only problem tho i have a sealed box but its only 1.25cf
the recommended for the EDO is 1.50cf, i've been told that they
will still work and wont tell any difference then if they were in
the 1.50 box. If thats not the case then i will need to go with
the the EDK's

I am new to the whole car audio thing, but from everything I have
learned, the box in which the sub is placed makes a lot more of a
difference then the sub itself! It is my understanding that the
best sub out there in the wrong enclosure will sound very bad. This
compared to a cheap sub in a perfect enclosure will sound very good.

Personally I think the sales guy is full of crap and trying to make
some money off you!

Sam
Sanitarium

yes yes yes...
a low end sub in a properly tuned enclosure will most likely outperform
a top notch sub in a poorly tuned enclosure.

It depends on your ears and personal listening tastes tohugh. If your
hearing is not capable of hearing a difference then you'll be fine.
Personally I can hear a difference in .25^3 feet. I have used Kicker
C12s and MTX blue thunder 12's in the past (yes Ive been around a while)
in various sealed enclosures and I COULD hear a difference, particularly
in the 40Hz and below freqs.

IMHO your sales guy is not entirely correct.... but then I dont have
personal experience with either of those great subs.

Garrett