Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Correcting Brickwalled Sound

This Graham Nash CD album, with the early 70's song, "Chicago" (We Can Change The World) was mastered or remastered by Doug Sax. The BASS blew my mind, unbearable to my ears, way too much! Anyway, this is interesting, a Before and After snapshot of the song waveform. The Before is as-is...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/chicagob4.png

The After is a result of decreasing the 60Hz. frequency band by 8 DB, then (amplitude) Maximizing the waveform. It now looks normal and my ears are happy!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/chicagoaftr.png

Pretty swift, eh??!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 5:21:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
This Graham Nash CD album, with the early 70's song, "Chicago" (We Can Change The World) was mastered or remastered by Doug Sax. The BASS blew my mind, unbearable to my ears, way too much! Anyway, this is interesting, a Before and After snapshot of the song waveform. The Before is as-is...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/chicagob4.png

The After is a result of decreasing the 60Hz. frequency band by 8 DB, then (amplitude) Maximizing the waveform. It now looks normal and my ears are happy!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/chicagoaftr.png

Pretty swift, eh??!!

Jack

This happened more than once, even a Sinatra related CD. Maybe high frequencies too much, decreased them, Maximized amplitude, and away went the brick-walled look. I guess you can sit anyone behind fancy, expensive audio software, but the brains and audio quality are a result of the user!

Thank you!

Jack