Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Longshot question

What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 3/16/2017 1:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?

According to Amazon, 5.8 pounds.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 5:15:10 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/16/2017 1:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?

According to Amazon, 5.8 pounds.

My sis' got one. People know how to waste money.
I thought this Echo...
"Echo Digital Audio Corporation has been a leader in computer-based audio hardware and software for over 30 years".
https://echoaudio.com/pages/about-us

Leader? Lots of garbage in California.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 7:09:57 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/16/2017 6:35 PM, wrote:
My sis' got one. People know how to waste money.

Well, it's a pretty old unit by today's standards, but it was considered
pretty good stuff in the project studio range back in its day. Echo had
a small product line under their own name, but they did a lot of
software and hardware development for other manufacturers, and they
still do.

--

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

So, Mike, your feeling about HDCD? You know, that Pacific whatever company that Microsoft scarfed up the technology? I guess that was in the days before digital audio editors, to electronically enhance CD audio. I really wasn't impressed,though I only have a few HDCDs, even one from the budget bin, Joni Mitchell.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 17/03/2017 9:35 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 5:15:10 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/16/2017 1:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?

According to Amazon, 5.8 pounds.

My sis' got one. People know how to waste money.

Possibly if your sis is in the same league as you I guess.

I thought this Echo... "Echo Digital Audio Corporation has been a
leader in computer-based audio hardware and software for over 30
years".
https://echoaudio.com/pages/about-us

Leader? Lots of garbage in California.

You are showing your ignorance again. Echo was one of the leaders in
computer based audio for years when many others *were* garbage. You were
probably happy with your soundblaster though.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 03/16/2017 02:15 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/16/2017 1:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?

According to Amazon, 5.8 pounds.

I sold one on Ebay, but left it at home when I went
to work. I wanted to prepare a box with a label at work,
then pack the unit at home and drop it off at a local
FedEx. That's why I wanted the weight. I too had seen
the shipping weight of around 6 pounds, but I didn't
believe it; I figured it was three pounds tops going from
my memory of holding the thing. As it turns out
it was 5.5 pounds with the box once I was done, and I didn't
include anything but the base unit and power chord.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 11:53:07 PM UTC-4, Trevor wrote:
On 17/03/2017 9:35 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 5:15:10 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/16/2017 1:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?

According to Amazon, 5.8 pounds.

My sis' got one. People know how to waste money.

Possibly if your sis is in the same league as you I guess.

I thought this Echo... "Echo Digital Audio Corporation has been a
leader in computer-based audio hardware and software for over 30
years".
https://echoaudio.com/pages/about-us

Leader? Lots of garbage in California.

You are showing your ignorance again. Echo was one of the leaders in
computer based audio for years when many others *were* garbage. You were
probably happy with your soundblaster though.

You got that correct, "was".

End of story.

Jack
p.s. Do Not feed the troll

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 3/17/2017 10:22 AM, Tobiah wrote:
I too had seen
the shipping weight of around 6 pounds, but I didn't
believe it; I figured it was three pounds tops going from
my memory of holding the thing. As it turns out
it was 5.5 pounds with the box once I was done, and I didn't
include anything but the base unit and power chord.

Maybe the manual, CD with drivers, firewire cable, and other stuff that
came in the original package brings up the shipping weight.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:

Maybe the manual, CD with drivers, firewire cable, and other stuff that
came in the original package brings up the shipping weight.

That's how things go. I shipped a 1/4" master tape today and the box with
all the padding weighed about three times as much as the pancake itself did.
And the insurance cost more than the shipping. That's how it goes.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 18/03/2017 3:22 AM, Tobiah wrote:
On 03/16/2017 02:15 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/16/2017 1:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
What is the weight of an Echo Audiofire 8?

According to Amazon, 5.8 pounds.

I sold one on Ebay, but left it at home when I went
to work. I wanted to prepare a box with a label at work,
then pack the unit at home and drop it off at a local
FedEx. That's why I wanted the weight. I too had seen
the shipping weight of around 6 pounds, but I didn't
believe it; I figured it was three pounds tops going from
my memory of holding the thing. As it turns out
it was 5.5 pounds with the box once I was done, and I didn't
include anything but the base unit and power chord.

"Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:

"Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)

They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes their
gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson wrote:
On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:

"Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)

They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

Smaller gallons are easier to carry

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Les Cargill" wrote in message news
John Williamson wrote:
On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:

"Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)

They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

Smaller gallons are easier to carry

+1...beat me to it.

Poly

---

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 21/03/2017 12:29 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:

"Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)

They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

Smaller gallons are easier to carry

I'll have a 600 please.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 20/03/2017 10:29 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
On 19/03/2017 19:12, geoff wrote:

"Pounds" - how archaic ;- }

Well, they are in the dark ages in Leftpondia. ;-)

They can't even get the size of a pint of beer right, which makes
their gallons a lot smaller than real ones.

Smaller gallons are easier to carry

So use Litres then!

Trevor.