Posted to rec.audio.pro
joeyalomar joeyalomar is offline

Default HOME RECORDING

I could really use some help. This is the problem.

My brother sends me a CD with guitar, bass and vocals. I would like to
record and add drums to that CD. I would like to send that CD to my
friend for final mixing. We would be doing all three at different
locations.

Can this be done and what would I need??

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
LAB LAB is offline

My brother sends me a CD with guitar, bass and vocals. I would like
to record and add drums to that CD.

Is it an audio CD? Import the two tracks in a multi track recording
application, then add your tracks. Export the session as-is and/or mix it.

--
Gianluca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil Nil is offline

On 22 May 2011, joeyalomar wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

My brother sends me a CD with guitar, bass and vocals. I would
like to record and add drums to that CD. I would like to send that
CD to my friend for final mixing. We would be doing all three at
different locations.

Can this be done and what would I need??

Yes, it can be done. People do that kind of thing all the time.

You'll get better answers if you tell us what you have already and what
kind of experience you have. Do you intend to do this at home? Do you
have microphones? Mixer? Headphones? A computer recording program? Have
you ever recorded your drums before? The whole process can be fairly
easy or devilishly complicated, depending on equipment, experience, and
how particular you are about the final result.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
david correia david correia is offline

In article
,
joeyalomar wrote:

I could really use some help. This is the problem.

My brother sends me a CD with guitar, bass and vocals. I would like to
record and add drums to that CD. I would like to send that CD to my
friend for final mixing. We would be doing all three at different
locations.

Can this be done and what would I need??

Thanks

A recording engineer.

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ is offline

On May 22, 11:53*am, joeyalomar wrote:
I could really use some help. This is the problem.

My brother sends me a CD with guitar, bass and vocals. I would like to
record and add drums to that CD. I would like to send that CD to my
friend for final mixing. We would be doing all three at different
locations.

Can this be done and what would I need??

Thanks

You need to fill in some blanks about software to get any specifics
but - Yes it can be done. You first need to export the audio to a
recordable device. Usually people just drag individual tracks to their
computer recording software but you can also import a full mix and you
can even do it with just an MP3. You need to align the tracks you have
to make them all in time with each other, and then you just record
your new tracks. In your case, you'll need a good click in if your bro
didn't give you one and that means finding out the beat count.
When you're done, you either just export the track and send it back or
mix it there and send the whole song.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

David writes:
joeyalomar wrote:
I could really use some help. This is the problem.
My brother sends me a CD with guitar, bass and vocals. I would
like to record and add drums to that CD.

snip
Can this be done and what would I need??

A recording engineer.
(Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I'm with him, that's what you need.

Have been waiting now for two days or so for somebody to
tell him that.

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider
ON site audio in the southland: see www.gatasound.com

home recording morgs Pro Audio 1 May 16th 06 02:39 AM
Mics for home recording Gabriele Azzaro Pro Audio 7 May 5th 06 04:25 PM
Anybody do home recording? [email protected] Marketplace 1 January 11th 05 06:25 AM
Home Recording Qs chuck Tech 18 June 7th 04 03:22 AM
home recording PC caveplayer Pro Audio 45 October 4th 03 01:55 PM