Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Cable sound. Real after all?

"Scott" wrote in message
On May 14, 2:42 pm, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

How am I doing so far?

Not bad but I think it is a bit more involved than how you describe.
Here is a nice little article form (gasp) Stereophile on the subject
http://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/1286awsi/

In the meantime, Scott, could you please list me a couple of examples of
the
very best minimalist recordings that you have heard? I probably already
have
a lot of them.

I would start with anything on the Water Lilly label or this great
reissue on AP label.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/41...M_Vinyl_Record

OK, I have read the Atkinson article and bought the Cooder disc - the CD,
not the 45RPM vinyl record.

The article got me thinking about his remarks about the time of arrival of
the sounds to the spaced omnis being a problem. The implication is that it
would cause three "clumps" of sound rather than a smooth stereo spread. I am
working on some drawings to analyze that criticism, plus some to show my
microphone positioning scheme to get smooth imaging. I will post it on my
blog if and when I get it going officially. In the meantime, I am making
recordings with three spaced omnis that have smooth, pinpoint imaging all
across the soundstage. Arny Krueger should have one of them by now.

The Cooder recording is very good. The two stringed instruments are about 5
ft back behind the right and left speakers, the tom-tom drums half right,
and the larger drum half left, just like in the picture. There is good
depth, as always with my system, but not a lot of "hall sound" type
spaciousness.

Stan Lip****z once described Blumlein (purist) miking as equivalent to
pan-potted imaging, because of the functioning with amplitude only for the
positioning. Haven't read it for a while. "Are the Purists Wrong" is in the
title. Might be a good one to look up.

Email me your address and I can send a disc of my recording(s). It's just
middle school students, but the sound is good.

Gary Eickmeier

hoatQuappyfop hoatQuappyfop is offline
Junior Member

It's very significant to review each of the options within the laptop computer any time you unique 1.|It can be useful in a very amount of approaches.|For a start, you possibly can immediately detect the issue if there exists any modify in its operating.|Secondly it gets simpler and easier in your case to accessibility the pc and thirdly, it boosts your important information with this area that will never ever go in vain.|There is certainly an unavoidable connection concerning the memory and therefore the really difficult generate of your laptop or computer.|Any difficulty in a single of them, has an effect on one other immediately.|For those who don't seem to be knowledgeable of this simple fact, make sure you have a look at the knowledge that follows.|The home pc storage technique, usually referred to as the memory within the process, could be the element in the personal pc that retains the info that could be employed for computing in any duration of time.|There exists yet another storage element of your desktop computer referred to as Random Entry Memory.|This memory recovers the reduction of information in specified occasions for example when you can find a sudden shut down with the program etc.|Similarly, stressful drives within the laptop computer is often categorized into two groups.|Stressful disk generate is foremost to the checklist} cheap sunglasses Yet, they have been exclusively created to become utilized in the computer system therefore, can shop and transmit information at a really increased price.Right here, the data is transferred during the movement of highs and lows for the memory clock with the home pcOnce you will use a laptop computer support, it is very important to look at out its operating and standing at the same time.By November 2006, it absolutely was launched with the home computer hardware and software package businesses inside 3 phases.These are operated in two manners. cool sunglasses These video games are for that reason understandably extremely priced.The whole technique is easily executed because the Net outlets aspect items inside of a comprehensive and also a obvious reduce fashion. sunglasses 2011 Holding every one of these reasons in see, a laptop computer bag happens to be designed which can be ready to maintain the laptop computer with no risk of harm.The advantages in utilizing these types of instances is always that they don't brake or tear without difficulty, compared with lots of more cost-effective variations.