Posted to rec.audio.high-end
TimBooher TimBooher is offline

Default Setting up home audio solution (newbie)

I have a Yamaha RX-V765 A/V Receiver which is connected to a room
wired for 7.1 surround sound. Since I was refinishing my spaces, I
wired for speaker pairs in four other rooms and am wondering how I am
going to power them all. I am trying to listen to the same music in
all the rooms and to control the music from my ipod using an itunes
server with airport express airtunes.

The ceiling speakers were inexpensive:

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/5...rs-ice520.html

and I know I can always upgrade them.

I was thinking about buying two of these to power them:

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/micotwochstm.html

So I would bring in the music via airport extreme or apple tv, split
the signal (using a mixer or y-splitter) and send to the receiver, and
the two amps using my iphone.

Is this the best plan? Any thoughts before I go down this route?

I am really new to all this, thanks for your patience with my lack of
understanding. All my speaker wire goes back to the system header.

Crutchfield recommended lots of Sonos boxes = $$$$.

Regards,

Tim