Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default Lower price for cds?

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/conte...56ed42b9a46f85
54e2671afccecca01b

This may be too late to affect my buying habits. I rarely buy full-price
and when I do, it's often direct from the artist. There's also no
mention of classical.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Mar 18, 7:44*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/conte.../e3i56ed42b9a4...
54e2671afccecca01b

This may be too late to affect my buying habits. I rarely buy full-price
and when I do, it's often direct from the artist. There's also no
mention of classical.

Classical music is a miniscule market with high costs and most of the
good repertoire has already been exhaustively recorded. Unless they
improve the instruments, or through bionics or eugenics produce
superior musicians physically, or develop some new kind of training to
improve those coming out of conservatories, or a new generation of
composers in the Classical, Romantic or Baroque styles emerge and are
accepted (most 20th and 21st century repertoire is horse****) there is
little reason to bother any more.

Arguably instruments have improved. Pianos have extended range and
new design features, and horns have progressed a little in the last
fifty years.