Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default A friend wins a Grammy

Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Name-dropping elitist feminazi ivory-tower TEACHER.

Your all the same.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Congrats. My best friend was nominated for an Emmy a few years ago,
and I remember getting all excited. He didn't win, but since then he's
been able to attend the Emmys, Grammys and Academy Awards.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel[_8_] Lionel[_8_] is offline

Jenn a écrit :
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

This week-end a friend of mine have skidded right round on the frozen road.
No injuries.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Congrats. My best friend was nominated for an Emmy a few years ago,
and I remember getting all excited. He didn't win, but since then he's
been able to attend the Emmys, Grammys and Academy Awards.

A UT faculty member won a Grammy for being part of the Ligeti project
some years back. Music profs get surprisingly little validation so it
was a nice thing for her.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Congrats. My best friend was nominated for an Emmy a few years ago,
and I remember getting all excited. He didn't win, but since then he's
been able to attend the Emmys, Grammys and Academy Awards.

Very cool. I've played on one Grammy winning soundtrack and on another
that was nominated. But of course, as an orchestra player, I don't get
an award. Good fun though.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Feb 1, 9:57*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Congrats. My best friend was nominated for an Emmy a few years ago,
and I remember getting all excited. He didn't win, but since then he's
been able to attend the Emmys, Grammys and Academy Awards.

Very cool. *I've played on one Grammy winning soundtrack and on another
that was nominated. *But of course, as an orchestra player, I don't get
an award. *Good fun though.

Alas! no Grammy category for best female "trombonist" in a Baroque
performance!
I hope you won't tell a man you can't handel your grief
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 9:13*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Name-dropping elitist feminazi ivory-tower TEACHER.

Your all the same.

Yeah, I know.

Well, then GOOD.

PS: I forgot "union-loving".

So there.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Feb 1, 9:57*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Congrats. My best friend was nominated for an Emmy a few years ago,
and I remember getting all excited. He didn't win, but since then he's
been able to attend the Emmys, Grammys and Academy Awards.

Very cool. *I've played on one Grammy winning soundtrack and on another
that was nominated. *But of course, as an orchestra player, I don't get
an award. *Good fun though.

Alas! no Grammy category for best female "trombonist" in a Baroque
performance!
I hope you won't tell a man you can't handel your grief

Get Bach, JoJo!