Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Mp3Gain App Question

Mp3gain sounds like a dream app to me - no more having to run across
large space to turn up or turn down my mp3 player volume every other
song! In extreme cases, chances for audio clipping are minimized.

Question:

Does mp3gain(the original software by that name) apply any DYNAMIC
COMPRESSION, in it's current version, to accomplish its purpose? I'd
like to know before I download it.

-ChrisCoaster
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Andrej Kluge Andrej Kluge is offline

Hi,

ChrisCoaster wrote:
Does mp3gain(the original software by that name) apply any DYNAMIC
COMPRESSION, in it's current version, to accomplish its purpose?

As far as I know: no.

See http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/faq.php#lossless

Ciao
AK