Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ArtistWorks ArtistWorks is offline

Default Non-political, unprofane posting about music

I wouldn't dream of engaging with this group on some of the issues I
see posted here, but for the New Year, maybe consider some good
quality music? We're of course open to your audio critique!
If you're not familiar with the ArtistWorks Guitar Project, this was
a 4 or 5 day collaboration with Jimmy Bruno and Andreas Oberg here in
Napa CA at ArtistWorks HQ. Both guitarists teach online using our
video exchange technology where they receive videos of their students
from all over the world and then they respond with a video of critique
or comment. In this Episode, Jimmy and Andreas work through some
"Move" s... Here they are figuring out articulations and harmonies in
order to play well together. This is still from Day 1, Jimmy had just
gotten in the chair a few hours before. They talk about each other's
technique and "time feel" and how they listen to each other and hear
each other. This is the edited down version for YouTube, the unedited
is on their sites for the students.

http://bit.ly/AWGP3

http://www.jimmybrunoguitar.com
http://www.andreasuniverse.com

The first two Webisodes can be seen he
http://www.youtube.com/artistworksinc
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ArtistWorks wrote:

[...]

How nice to see Jimmy Bruno! What a great player. I met him way back
in'73, when as a college freshman I subbed for my teacher in the Buddy
Rich band at Disneyland. In fact, it looks like the pic of the Rich
band on Jimmy's website may have been from that engagement. Rich played
at the location in the picture for 5 nights. I was playing 3rd
trombone, just off Pat LaBarbara's left elbow. Pat was an interesting
case; GREAT sax player, soloed in almost every tune in the Rich book,
one of his brothers wrote a lot of charts for the band (Dancing Men,
etc.) A great, great band. Buddy was, well, Buddy.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Actually, in the beginning it was an audio equipment, and therefore
technical, group, with music being only of interest insofar as how it
was recorded or played back. But that's OK, we left that behind a long
time ago.

Thanks to all the Political Posters Here david Pro Audio 4 February 10th 05 02:24 PM
OT Political Blind Joni Pro Audio 337 September 25th 04 03:34 AM
All the political B.S.... UnionPac2001 General 0 April 21st 04 11:08 PM
Out of control Putz cannot stop buying the music!! (eas " AMERICAN MUSIC vs EURO/BRIT MUSIC") hank alrich Pro Audio 0 March 11th 04 05:33 AM
What is with all this political nonsense?? TheBIessedDead Car Audio 7 February 11th 04 02:18 AM