Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Default Stupid Audio Quote of the Day

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds better than
any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable sounds better than any $4000
CD transport/DAC combo and on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? This thread could run
for months.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

RAO's leading exponent of Stupidism yaps loudly in outrage.

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds better than
any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable sounds better than any $4000
CD transport/DAC combo and on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

Simple facts for simple minds.

Do you want to rephrase that yap, Witless? I'm quite sure you didn't mean
what you said.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hoser1605 hoser1605 is offline

On Dec 1, 3:28*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
RAO's leading exponent of Stupidism yaps loudly in outrage.

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds better than
any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable sounds better than any $4000
CD transport/DAC combo and on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

*Simple facts for simple minds.

Do you want to rephrase that yap, Witless? I'm quite sure you didn't mean
what you said.

Given that the article is over 10 years old, It was probably correct
for the time.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 1, 2:37*pm, hoser1605 wrote:
On Dec 1, 3:28*pm, George M. Middius wrote:

RAO's leading exponent of Stupidism yaps loudly in outrage.

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds better than
any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable sounds better than any $4000
CD transport/DAC combo and on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

*Simple facts for simple minds.

Do you want to rephrase that yap, Witless? I'm quite sure you didn't mean
what you said.

Given that the article is over 10 years old, It was probably correct
for the time.

You're right. I've heard plenty of digital front ends in the last 5
years or so that sound about as good as the best analog.

Hey Scott...looks like you ****ed up again.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 1, 2:24*pm, ScottW wrote:
"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds better than
any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable sounds better than any $4000
CD transport/DAC combo and on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

*Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? *This thread could run
for months.

You have a piece of **** turntable. What the hell do you know?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

On Dec 1, 1:21*pm, Boon wrote:
On Dec 1, 2:24*pm, ScottW wrote:

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds better than
any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable sounds better than any $4000
CD transport/DAC combo and on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

*Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? *This thread could run
for months.

You have a piece of **** turntable. What the hell do you know?

I know your hearing is suspect as is the bass response of every
system I ever heard in your place.
I guess that's how you managed to get away with the gross mismatch of
cart/arm
which honked like a tugboat at 30 hz in the presence of speakers with
a real woofer.

Still it was funny when I asked what CD player you had your first
words were, "It's a $5000 dollar player and they make a $20,000
player, imagine how good it must sound!." Price tag junkies make me
hurl. BTW, your CD player HF response is almost as truncated as your
Koetsu cart. Not attributes I want in a front end but your so deaf
you probably didn't notice.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 1, 7:24*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Dec 1, 1:21*pm, Boon wrote:

On Dec 1, 2:24*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

I heard the $20,000 player, and it's the best sounding digital I've
heard. So I was right.

I'm sorry, but your entire system sounds like ****. You have a Krell
amp, a Yamaha preamp, a Mitsubishi turntable and an old pair of Quad
ESLs. I've told people in the industry about your system and they
usually say, "What an idiot! How bad does it sound?" I tell them it
sounds dead and lifeless and utterly uninvolving. I still remember
when I brought my Rega p25 and Koetsu Black over. When you played your
Mitsubishi, everyone was talking over the music. When we switched to
mine, everyone shut up and listened.

I can't believe you're dumb enough to bring this up. Your system is
****. Your taste in gear is ****.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Dec 1, 7:24*pm, ScottW wrote:

but your so deaf

LoL. Your such a imbecile.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Cy Suckerton II Cy Suckerton II is offline

I'm sorry, but your entire system sounds like ****. You have a Krell
amp, a Yamaha preamp, a Mitsubishi turntable and an old pair of Quad
ESLs. I've told people in the industry about your system and they
usually say, "What an idiot! How bad does it sound?" I tell them it
sounds dead and lifeless and utterly uninvolving. I still remember
when I brought my Rega p25 and Koetsu Black over. When you played your
Mitsubishi, everyone was talking over the music. When we switched to
mine, everyone shut up and listened.

I can't believe you're dumb enough to bring this up. Your system is
****. Your taste in gear is ****.

The Koetsu cartridge is very colored, but in such a way that to all
but really experienced listeners it sounds natural. in that sense it
is a masterpiece of design. But it is not true high fidelity as the
term is correctly used. It's a phono cartridge with a secret FX unit
installed in effect.

I suspect OM Koetsu (or whatever the old guy's name was who designed
it) figured out how to use the natural resonances of the arms on which
likely it was mounted and other inertial constants to do this in the
mechanical domain.

The combination of higher mass arms and lower compliance cartridges
is generally the simplest and most straightforward combination: the
other way works but offers a lot more variables. Koetsu did it the
hard way, with very low compliance, which also leads us to question
some of the tonearm choices made with these carts. Art is one thing
but fidelity quite another.

There is no question that properly applied the Koetsu can play some
records back in a very pleasing manner. What the true seeker of sound
wants is accuracy: crappy records are supposed to sound crappy.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Cy Suckerton II Cy Suckerton II is offline

From Mr. Phillips' web site;

"Perfect Sound Forever. The CDs may last forever, and that is a
definite advantage over analog LPs but the players certainly don't
last forever. Every new CD player I've purchased was to replace a
fallen comrade. When CD players break, it's usually the entire laser
mechanism that dies, which is most of the cost of the player. These
machines, in other words, are disposable. Every turntable I've ever
replaced was a simple upgrade and I usually received a decent trade-in
allowance. So don't even talk to me about the cost of replacing LP's."

In 1998, to use a random example, McIntosh sold the following:

MCD 7009

"ELECTRICAL: Response 4-20kHz (+0.3 -0.3dB). Dynamic range 99dB. S/N
110dBA. Separation 110dB. Distortion 0.0013%. Sampling rate 352.8kHz.
D/A conversion Bitstream. Digital filter (eight times oversampling
with 20 bit digital filter). Error correction cross interleaved Reed
Solomon code (CIRC). Readout 3 beam AlGaAs laser 780nm. Analog output
2.2V. Digital output: 0.5V p-p/75 ohm (coaxial), -15dBm--21dBm
(optical).

FRONT PANEL: Glass panel. Illuminated display panel. Touch buttons:
open/close, repeat, stop, pause, play, rev, ff, back, next, power,
Disc drawer. Remote sensor.

BACK PANEL: Analog output. Remote control connector. Data in. Digital
output: on or off, coaxial and optical output.

Has HR7009 hand remote. Size 5-3/8"H, 17-1/2"W and 15"D behind panel.
Weight 22 lb. Sold from 1995-. Last retail price $2750.00 "

(Fair Use from http://www.roger-russell.com/elect.htm#CDPlayers )

OEM cost on the CD mechanism in that player was on the order of
$100.

During that time I was working as a contract station engineer for a
four-station group in the Southwest. Our facility had several consumer
CD players which we would summarily replace once a year and a couple
of broadcast grade Harris and Denon units in high cycle positions. The
replacement drive assembly for the Harris was in the $200 range and
would last about two years of heavy use. i was amused then and more so
now at the people who bought the attractive but ridiculously expensive
mc player as I knew the mechanism would EOL a couple of years before
most of the fleet started losing drives.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 2, 1:45*am, Cy Suckerton II wrote:
*From Mr. Phillips' web site;

[...]

The brand of CD players Scott is referring to is Naim. I owned my
first player, the CD3, for well over a decade. I traded it in on a CDX
2. The CD3 is probably still working in someone's home.

I'm using a cheap Denon right now because I ripped most of my CD
collection to a music server. The only time I listen to a CD is in my
car, and those are usually CD-Rs.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 2, 1:32*am, Cy Suckerton II wrote:
[...]

I also like the Dynavector 17D3, which is one of the most neutral
cartridges ever made. They're also a better fit for Rega arms than
Koetsus. (For the record, my Koetsus were mated to an SME V, an
excellent match.) But the Koetsus are downright hypnotic. I don't buy
the idea that a true seeker of sound (aka audiophile) needs accuracy.
I've always considered myself a music lover more than an audiophile,
and I want the music to transport me. I don't want to listen to crappy
records, in other words.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

I also like the Dynavector 17D3, which is one of the most neutral
cartridges ever made. They're also a better fit for Rega arms than
Koetsus. (For the record, my Koetsus were mated to an SME V, an
excellent match.) But the Koetsus are downright hypnotic. I don't buy
the idea that a true seeker of sound (aka audiophile) needs accuracy.
I've always considered myself a music lover more than an audiophile,
and I want the music to transport me. I don't want to listen to crappy
records, in other words.

You want sonic modification IOW. That's fine as long as you are
honest about the goal and don't tell people they need to spend huge $$
for what can be done cheaply with a few dollars, even cents of
electrical parts.

The effect of certain whacky and very expensive cables can be exactly
duplicated in a given system by jumpering the outputs with a few pF of
capacitance, for example. And of the high dollar room treatment
products on offer, most can be bought in professional form much
cheaper from AV houses and movie suppliers.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 3, 7:00*am, Bret L wrote:
[...]

Prove it. I think you're cutting and pasting this from someone else,
and you have no experience with any of this. That's because you're an
audio fraud.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds
better than any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable
sounds better than any $4000 CD transport/DAC combo and
on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? This
thread could run for months.

Shallow is as shallow does.

The other day I was wondering whether Boon has run that rag he was editing
out of business yet.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

The other day I was wondering whether Boon has run that rag he was editing out
of business yet.

They came to their senses and ran him out of town before that could happen.

They booted the BaBoon clear out of the northwest down into Kyle, Texas.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 23, 7:53*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds
better than any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable
sounds better than any $4000 CD transport/DAC combo and
on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? *This
thread could run for months.

Shallow is as shallow does.

The other day I was wondering whether Boon has run that rag he was editing
out of business yet.

The other day I was wondering if Susie still talked to you and if
Pastor Matt had kicked you out of the congregation. Coincidence, huh?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds
better than any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable
sounds better than any $4000 CD transport/DAC combo and
on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? *This
thread could run for months.

Shallow is as shallow does.

The other day I was wondering whether Boon has run that rag he was editing
out of business yet.

The other day I was wondering if Susie still talked to you and if
Pastor Matt had kicked you out of the congregation. Coincidence, huh?

*I'm wondering if your still proud to call a scumbag nameshifting
troll like Shht, your friend? * You couldn't pick lower form of life
to associate yourself with.

Yes I could. I could pick a mullet-wearing, back-stabbing right-winger
who makes fun of my children and tells lies about my personal life.

I don't think Shhh! can hold a candle to that.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

nameshifting troll

Yes I could. I could pick a mullet-wearing, back-stabbing right-winger
who makes fun of my children and tells lies about my personal life.

I don't think Shhh! can hold a candle to that.

That's odd: I have several different names for Scott in my kill-file.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On Dec 28, 1:07*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
nameshifting troll

Yes I could. I could pick a mullet-wearing, back-stabbing right-winger
who makes fun of my children and tells lies about my personal life.

I don't think Shhh! can hold a candle to that.

That's odd: I have several different names for Scott in my kill-file.

Only because google likes to add a suffix if logged on on different
comps or
because I use more than 1 ISP. None are designed to alter my ID to
avoid the kill-files of morons....but then again, Stephen either
already knows that and is lying by implication or is too stupid to
know the difference.

You're slipping. You didn't mention that he's a church musician.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On Dec 28, 1:07*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
nameshifting troll

Yes I could. I could pick a mullet-wearing, back-stabbing right-winger
who makes fun of my children and tells lies about my personal life.

I don't think Shhh! can hold a candle to that.

That's odd: I have several different names for Scott in my kill-file.

Only because google likes to add a suffix if logged on on different
comps or
because I use more than 1 ISP. None are designed to alter my ID to
avoid the kill-files of morons....but then again, Stephen either
already knows that and is lying by implication or is too stupid to
know the difference.

You're slipping. You didn't mention that he's a church musician.

Plus he forgot to nymshift so I could see it!

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message

"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds
better than any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable
sounds better than any $4000 CD transport/DAC combo and
on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? *This
thread could run for months.

Shallow is as shallow does.

The other day I was wondering whether Boon has run that rag he was editing
out of business yet.

The other day I was wondering if Susie still talked to you and if
Pastor Matt had kicked you out of the congregation. Coincidence, huh?

*I'm wondering if your still proud to call a scumbag nameshifting
troll like Shht, your friend? * You couldn't pick lower form of life
to associate yourself with.

Yes I could.

*Nice non-defense of shhhtard. *He isn't the worst scum of the earth
IYO. *LoL.

I could pick a mullet-wearing,

* speaking of lies....but about hair? How silly and childish
can you be? *Never mind, I know how childish you can be.

back-stabbing right-winger

*When did I ever back-stab you? *I've always told you what a low-life
you
are straight up front. *Unlike you, I don't play petty usenet games.

who makes fun of my children and tells lies about my personal life.

*I only know what you've demonstrated or outright stated about
yourself.

*special needs kid.....check
*cheating wife........check
*victim of adultery.....check
(or should I say lack of responsibility for failed relationships?)
*multiple divorces.....check
*economically challenged......check
*overweight diabetic.......check
*unstable home ........check
*hot wife envy...........check
*nice car envy .........check
*nice house envy......check
*( I guess I won't tell you about the beutiful ocean view property I
just acquired for a nice little getaway, I don't want your envy to
become unbearable).
*golden ears claims.....check
*lousy TT setup....... check
*audiophool...........check
*technically ignorant....check
*ex-audiowhore.......check
*fraud.................. check
*liar....................check

*Nice list Phillips. *But there it is, as straight to your face as you
can hope for. *Am I sorry I gave you any hospitality? *Check.

Here's a new entry...Is tone audio sorry they can be associated with
dirtbag like you? *I can only suspect...check.

Looks like I hit another nerve with the mullet comment. That aside, I
don't think there's a single sane person on Usenet who reads your
comments above and thinks you're telling the truth about any of it.

But...once again, I'm sorry I ever let you into my house. I'm sorry I
ever took you to my favorite deli. I'm sorry I shlepped my turntable
120 miles to your house so you could hear better sound. (BTW...how
would you know my turntable is set up wrong when yours sounds so
dreadful?)

But...I thank you for being so entertaining on Usenet by alienating
every group you encounter. I thank you for making me smile when you
volunteer to be the butt of everyone's jokes. I thank you for being so
wrong about oh so many things. I thank you for being a sloppy writer
and a sloppier thinker.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhh! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhh! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

On Dec 1, 12:24*pm, ScottW wrote:
"But the simple fact remains: any $500 turntable sounds better than
any $1000 CD player, any $2000 turntable sounds better than any $4000
CD transport/DAC combo and on and on and on."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl.html

*Simple facts for simple minds.
Who could write such shallow ignorant garbage? *This thread could run
for months.

2pid could write shallower, more ignorant garbage. lol!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 29, 12:04*am, ScottW wrote:
On Dec 28, 7:29*pm, Boon wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message

[...]

*It was a real waste of time as no one heard anything "better".
*Just comparable until the foghorn went off.

(BTW...how
would you know my turntable is set up wrong when yours sounds so
dreadful?)

*It's pretty simple. *Some decent bass around 30Hz made something in
your arm/cart/isolation table honk like a foghorn. *Mine hasn't ever
produced
any audible resonant honking like yours.
I jumped out of my chair to hit the volume but luckily it
was a short note. *Your lame bassless speakers may have never
triggered
it but it was still a very amateurish and potentially destructive
mistake in
matching components none the less.
I don't expect you to publicly acknowledge it. *I expect you to lie
and deny as has been your practice for as long I've known you.

It's funny how you never brought this up when you heard it, no one
else mentioned anything and you're only bringing it up years after it
supposedly happened. You're either lying about it, or you're so used
to your dead, lifeless system that a brass instrument sounds like a
"foghorn" to you.

As far as lies go, you made up a bunch of lies about me in your post
above. You did that because I mentioned that you sport a mullet. The
question is, of course, why you don't just get a haircut if you hate
it so much?

To watch you make up a slew of lies about me due to your hairstyle
says volumes about your integrity. There's not a person on Usenet that
doesn't think you're a loon at this point. Even the guys over on the
Charger group barely acknowledge your existence. If they do, it's to
make fun of you.

I see why the only use tone could find for you was schlepping food.

Oh look. Another lie. I never shlepped food, but I did get taken out
to lunch a couple of times per week.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

I saw almost the same look when I offered you a scotch, quickly
followed by a glass of ice water to cool the sweat which was profusely
pouring from your panic stricken brow.
Add pansy to the list.....check.

Is he diabetic? If so, how does this make him a "pansy"?

Special needs kid?

Why is this even on the table?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 29, 12:17*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
*I saw almost the same look when I offered you a scotch, quickly
followed by a glass of ice water to cool the sweat which was profusely
pouring from your panic stricken brow.
Add pansy to the list.....check.

Is he diabetic? *If so, how does this make him a "pansy"?

Special needs kid?

Why is this even on the table?

Because Scott suffers from the same disorder.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 28, 7:29*pm, Boon wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message

[...]

*LoL. *I saw the horror on your face as you heard it too.

Yes. Everyone in the room noticed that your walls were making horrible
rattling sounds. Even you admitted it at the time. Now you're trying
to say it was the tonearm? LoL!

*Enough said.
*I saw almost the same look when I offered you a scotch, quickly
followed by a glass of ice water to cool the sweat which was profusely
pouring from your panic stricken brow.

And as I said, this never happened. I was surprised when you ruined a
fine single malt scotch with a bunch of ice cubes, but other than that
this incident is a figment of your imagination.

Add pansy to the list.....check.

Ten years martial arts training when I was a kid. Let's put it to the
test.

no one
else mentioned anything and you're only bringing it up years after it
supposedly happened. You're either lying about it, or you're so used
to your dead, lifeless system that a brass instrument sounds like a
"foghorn" to you.

As far as lies go, you made up a bunch of lies about me in your post
above.

*Which one is that? *Your divorce record?

Yes. I was divorced once, in 1990.

*Special needs kid?

Yes...he suffers from tha same disorder as you.

*Victim of adultery?

I still don't know what you're talking about there, but I find it
highly unlikely that I would discuss such a sensitive topic with
someone who was little more than an acquaintance at the time.

Your envy?

As I've said before, I wouldn't trade positions with you in a million
years. You spend your time spamming Usenet newsgroups with political
propaganda. A happy man wouldn't do that.

Plus, trading places would mean I'd have to lower my IQ by about 40
points.

*Audiowhore? *Maybe that one is giving you too much credit.
*A whore does get paid. I can see why no one would ever pay you for
your
*work.

And yet I've been paid plenty. More lies on your part.

*You did that because I mentioned that you sport a mullet. The
question is, of course, why you don't just get a haircut if you hate
it so much?

To watch you make up a slew of lies about me due to your hairstyle
says volumes about your integrity. There's not a person on Usenet that
doesn't think you're a loon at this point. Even the guys over on the
Charger group barely acknowledge your existence. If they do, it's to
make fun of you.

I see why the only use tone could find for you was schlepping food.

Oh look. Another lie. I never shlepped food,

*Funny, thats not what your bio said. *Too bad tone pulled it
and has no trace of your brief stint there. *

You mean the dozens of articles I wrote over the last three years are
suddenly removed from the archives? Hmmm...I still see them.

It's as if you were
never there at all.

Except for all those bylines, all those articles, I guess you're
right.

I can't say I blame them for wanting to put that sordid episode behind
as quickly as possible.

We parted amicably. I still talk to Jeff all the time. You're so
consumed with burning bridges that I guess you assume everyone thinks
the same way as you do. But with your ASD, you can't tell the
difference.