Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Scott[_7_] Scott[_7_] is offline

Default HELP!!! Advice re.: pretty simple Home Audio Solution

Got the mailer re.: Bose Wave music system. Been thinking about it for
awhile, as my old mini-bookshelf system died some time ago, and we
want a suitable replacement. I've read some articles, posts and think
I might be able to find a suitable, more cost-effective answer. Here
are my requirements...

1.) Acceptable audio quality (been a hobbyist musician for some time,
but not a real audiophile - at least equipment-wise, in other
words...I can tell, to a degree what sounds decent, but I'm NOT
interested in making a HUGE investment in audio equipment)
2.) Multi CD changer (preferably, 3-5 CDs)
3.) Aux inputs (so I can patch in T.V., DVD output)

Something else I REALLY liked aboit Bose offering, is the SoundLink,
where you can get audio ouptut from your computer, wirelessly, to the
Bose system, via USB.
So....
4.) might be, the ability to get computer audio output through the
system, wirelessly.

Can anyone provide me with some suitable suggestions? I'd like to keep
the price-point UNDER the Bose Wave music system w/4 CD changer &
SoundLink (i.e.: $1000), Anyone?
Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

? "Scott" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

Cambridge audio is an excellent stereo maker,
www.cambridgeaudio.com ,it makes "one" which is around ~560 euros IIRC and a
larger version which is ~1000 euros, these are complete little stereos with
radio, cd and iPod dock.I have got myself a separate pieces stereo, with
turntable, but it cost ~1500 euros. The prices are with speakers (the same
brand).

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_] Kevin McMurtrie[_3_] is offline

In article ,
"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote:

? "Scott" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

Cambridge audio occasionally dabbles in the same audiophile BS as Bose
and they don't match the requirements.

I recommend ditching the requirement of a CD reader when computer audio
is already a requirement. Rip the CDs to AAC or one of the lossless
formats.

Yamaha and Onkyo make sound systems with network playback. I haven't
tried those models but other products that I've purchased from them have
been high quality. Logitech makes various component network players.
I'm thinking of a Logitech receiver plus some powered monitor speakers
for the bedroom. My living room has a Roku Soundbridge network player
on a standard home theater setup.

I used to have a Roku Radio, which could be called a competitor to the
Bose Wave system. I loved it but the build quality was ****. The
charred power supply looked like a high school science project and all
of the screw holes were cracked after two years. (The Roku Soundbridge
cooked its WiFi card too. Luckily I have Ethernet for it.)
--
I won't see Goolge Groups replies because I must filter them as spam