Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Bret Ludwig- SCAM ARTIST SCAM ARTIST SCAM ARTIST!!!!!!!

You haven't heard a Koetsu.

*A good friend of mine is a car salesman. He sells Bowel Movement
Watery's. He knows what I think of them and I keep it out of the
conversation. Do I consider him a charlatan? No, I consider that he's
a salesman for a product that I happen to not like.

You probably don't like BMWs because you can't afford one.

Still, you haven't addressed the questions I asked. That's
confirmation that you lied about the Koetsus and the Harbeths and
everything else. Nice going, audio fraud.

You just don't get it. I'm not going to cut my own balls off. If you
want to believe I didn't really hear a Koetsu or a Harbeth, you can
believe that. It isn't like they are THAT rare. I told you where the
dealer was, where he has them set up for all and sundry to hear, and
you continue on an nad hominem attack.

Let's face it, you are a professional high end shill, someone whose
job it is to maintain the facade that if it's really, really expensive
and has the imprimatur of The High End Establishment it has some
ineffable magic that only the anointed, the initiated, the really
cool, can perceive. Hans Christian Andersen wrote a story about a
couple of con men who ran a scam called "The Emperor's New Clothes".
It's much the same with much of high end audio today and the many
varieties of Koetsu cartridge each with their weird casing material
are as good an example as any that I know of. Much less expensive
products can actually perform much better. The Koetsu is at best
capable of decent performance and takes detailed set up to do it.

And as far as your buddy being the greatest turntable set up man
alive, who cares? Setup is a constantly evolving thing, it isn't about
what he can do but what he can instruct others to do, since playing
vinyl is something that requires its practitioners to do themselves.
Telling people otherwise is a huge disservice.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 27, 9:41*am, Bret L wrote:
You haven't heard a Koetsu.

*A good friend of mine is a car salesman. He sells Bowel Movement
Watery's. He knows what I think of them and I keep it out of the
conversation. Do I consider him a charlatan? No, I consider that he's
a salesman for a product that I happen to not like.

You probably don't like BMWs because you can't afford one.

Still, you haven't addressed the questions I asked. That's
confirmation that you lied about the Koetsus and the Harbeths and
everything else. Nice going, audio fraud.

*You just don't get it. I'm not going to cut my own balls off.

You're cutting your own balls off by making fraudulent claims about
products you've never heard. It's okay to say you don't like the sound
of a particular product. It's quite another to call it a scam. From
your audio posts it's clear that you have very unusual tastes in sound
that do not reflect the general population. If you weren't so
autistic, you'd realize that. When it comes to sound, you speak for no
one but yourself and your very strange tastes.

If you
want to believe I didn't really hear a Koetsu or a Harbeth, you can
believe that. It isn't like they are THAT rare. I told you where the
dealer was, where he has them set up for all and sundry to hear, and
you continue on an nad hominem attack.

Bull****. You obfuscated until I pressured you. Then you went on line
and looked up the nearest Koetsu dealer. If you had gone to Acoustic
Sounds, you would have mentioned that in the original post.

*Let's face it, you are a professional high end shill, someone whose
job it is to maintain the facade that if it's really, really expensive
and has the imprimatur of The High End Establishment it has some
ineffable magic that only the anointed, the initiated, the really
cool, can perceive.

Um, no I'm not. I have no vested interest in the high-end. I'm just a
guy who has experience in getting good sound from these products.
You're a guy who uses oil pans to make crappy amps behind his trailer.

*Hans Christian Andersen wrote a story about a
couple of con men who ran a scam called "The Emperor's New Clothes".
It's much the same with much of high end audio today

No, not really. The snake oil products disappear. The truly
outstanding products survive in the marketplace. Koetsus have been
around for many decades. So have Harbeths. I've never heard anyone
criticize either brand until you came along. Funny thing is, you've
absolutely no experience with either one. So you're a fraud. Period.

and the many
varieties of Koetsu cartridge each with their weird casing material
are as good an example as any that I know of.

The "casing material" are generally rare materials that add value to
the product. They are works of art that are also quite functional. I
know that trailer trash like you can't really appreciate fine art, so
don't even attempt a response.

Much less expensive
products can actually perform much better.

Prove it.

The Koetsu is at best
capable of decent performance and takes detailed set up to do it.

No it doesn't. I've owned three and it's very easy to extract great
performance from them. In fact, a Koetsu fits perfectly onto most Rega
arms. You don't even need a spacer.

*And as far as your buddy being the greatest turntable set up man
alive, who cares? Setup is a constantly evolving thing, it isn't about
what he can do but what he can instruct others to do, since playing
vinyl is something that requires its practitioners to do themselves.
Telling people otherwise is a huge disservice.

He holds clinics all the time. Could you be any more wrong in a single
post? This is why you're largely ignored on Usenet.