Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bobd1001 bobd1001 is offline

Default Replacing Three Way Speakers With Two Way?

Hi everyone,

My first post here, I'm not quite sure if this is the best newsgroup
to post this question to but here it goes: I am looking to relace
some junky wal-mart purchased 3 way speakers in my car with the
Rockford Fosgate 6.5" 2-way power speakers (Model# T162C). Now I have
tweeters in my doors and also in the 2 rear of the car, so would it
hurt anything in relation to hearing the true music by replacing the
junky 3-ways with high-quality 2-ways. Or should I just get a pair of
high-quality three ways (the problem is that im looking for a bit more
bass that the rockford 6.5" three ways offer). If i loose a little bit
of the high-ends im quite fine with that, as long as a bit more depth
is gained, but if this would throw off the entire swing of things big
time, I would rather go with rockford 3 ways.

Please let me know what you think, And any help on the subject is
truly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bob D.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Seedhouse[_2_] Ed Seedhouse[_2_] is offline

On Aug 31, 3:10*am, bobd1001 wrote:
Hi everyone,

My first post here, I'm not quite sure if this is the best newsgroup
to post this question to but here it goes: *I am looking to relace
some junky wal-mart purchased 3 way speakers in my car with the
Rockford Fosgate 6.5" 2-way power speakers (Model# T162C). Now I have
tweeters in my doors and also in the 2 rear of the car, so would it
hurt anything in relation to hearing the true music by replacing the
junky 3-ways with high-quality 2-ways. Or should I just get a pair of
high-quality three ways (the problem is that im looking for a bit more
bass that the rockford 6.5" three ways offer). If i loose a little bit
of the high-ends im quite fine with that, as long as a bit more depth
is gained, but if this would throw off the entire swing of things big
time, I would rather go with rockford 3 ways.

Forget about details like this, and just get a good decent pair of
speakers from a reputable maker. Two way or three way is just a minor
design detail, and largely irrelevant. Cheap speakers often use many
drivers to impress the gullible buyer. Decide what you can afford and
find the best speaker for that money. In fact, and very much in
general, two ways are likely to be much better designed than three
ways at the lower end of the price spectrum.