Posted to rec.audio.tech
Robert Adams Robert Adams is offline

Default shielded condenser mics

I am experimenting with modifying the audio channel of a cell-phone,
and one problem I have is that most cheap condenser mics these days
have plastic housings, and I get a lot of RF interference from the
cell-phone itself getting into the audio. So I am looking for a tie-
clip style mic that actually has a metal housing. Also, it should
preferably NOT include a battery, as I am set up for phantom power.

Any suggestions?

Bob

Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , Robert Adams wrote:
I am experimenting with modifying the audio channel of a cell-phone,
and one problem I have is that most cheap condenser mics these days
have plastic housings, and I get a lot of RF interference from the
cell-phone itself getting into the audio. So I am looking for a tie-
clip style mic that actually has a metal housing. Also, it should
preferably NOT include a battery, as I am set up for phantom power.

What are you using, some big computer type mic, like a Mr. Microphone ?

Where are you looking.

It might be that extra length wires is going to screw you up and have less to do with microphone case design.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Jan 8, 10:10*am, (GregS) wrote:
In article , Robert Adams wrote:

I am experimenting with modifying the audio channel of a cell-phone,
and one problem I have is that most cheap condenser mics these days
have plastic housings, and I get a lot of RF interference from the
cell-phone itself getting into the audio. So I am looking for a tie-
clip style mic that actually has a metal housing. Also, it should
preferably NOT include a battery, as I am set up for phantom power.

What are you using, some big computer type mic, like a Mr. Microphone ?

Where are you looking.

It might be that extra length wires is going to screw you up and have less to do with microphone case design.

greg

No, I am using one of those mics that ships with a typical PC. You can
buy them at radio shack. The pickup is coming from the mic itself, not
the wires.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

On Jan 8, 9:41*am, Robert Adams wrote:
I am experimenting with modifying the audio channel of a cell-phone,
and one problem I have is that most cheap condenser mics these days
have plastic housings, and I get a lot of RF interference from the
cell-phone itself getting into the audio. So I am looking for a tie-
clip style mic that actually has a metal housing. Also, it should
preferably NOT include a battery, as I am set up for phantom power.

Any suggestions?

Bob

I'm not sure I'd be so quick to blame the mic. After all the cheap
ones seem to work fine on cell phones equiped for a headset.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , Robert Adams wrote:
On Jan 8, 10:10=A0am, (GregS) wrote:
In article .=

com, Robert Adams wrote:

I am experimenting with modifying the audio channel of a cell-phone,
and one problem I have is that most cheap condenser mics these days
have plastic housings, and I get a lot of RF interference from the
cell-phone itself getting into the audio. So I am looking for a tie-
clip style mic that actually has a metal housing. Also, it should
preferably NOT include a battery, as I am set up for phantom power.

What are you using, some big computer type mic, like a Mr. Microphone ?

Where are you looking.

It might be that extra length wires is going to screw you up and have les=

s to do with microphone case design.

greg

No, I am using one of those mics that ships with a typical PC. You can
buy them at radio shack. The pickup is coming from the mic itself, not
the wires.

Check these out..

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Microphones.html

Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , Robert Adams wrote:
I am experimenting with modifying the audio channel of a cell-phone,
and one problem I have is that most cheap condenser mics these days
have plastic housings, and I get a lot of RF interference from the
cell-phone itself getting into the audio. So I am looking for a tie-
clip style mic that actually has a metal housing. Also, it should
preferably NOT include a battery, as I am set up for phantom power.

The standard cell phone ear mics seem to work work ??
I have used a couple over the years.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/handsfree.html