Posted to rec.audio.car
Michael Levin Michael Levin is offline

Default Need suggestion for buying new car audio system

I'm looking for suggestions of a system to meet the following criteria:

1) I'll be installing it in a 2004 Honda Pilot (which currently has the
standard CD changer stereo in it). If the same system could also be
installed in my wife's Nissan Versa, that would be great (but not required).

2) I need it to do the following:

- GPS with spoken driving directions
- have controls for an iPod attached (so that I can see the control menus on
the in-dash system without having to look at the iPod itself)
- have controls for a Sirius satellite receiver. I have one, although if the
unit includes its own (compatible with the new Sirius/XM merger), that's
fine.
- communicate via BlueTooth with my phone (currently a Verizon XV6700) so
that I can make calls and talk through the car stereo

3) I do not need DVD

I see a $1600 unit at Crutchfield that meets these criteria; it's got a
touchscreen though, which I don't need and which makes it more expensive.
Anyone have a better suggestion?

Mike

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Michael Levin wrote:
[...]

You could always get one of these combos to have everything you want
with portable NAV to use in more than one vehicle:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...200+Combo.html

The downside is you will have to purchase additional interfaces for your
Bluetooth, IPOD, and aux input for your Sirius.

A more affordable option would be this:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...se+AVN20D.html but again
you would be faced with having to purchase additional interfaces to use
all the features you wish to use!

Lastly, if you think $1,600 is a large price to pay you should see how
much the factory NAV/bluetooth/IPOD option adds to the price of your
vehicle.